Weather underground stopped updating.

This forum provides technical help on how to run Netatmo Weather Stations to accurately gather data.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Weather underground stopped updating.

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
We have been warned of this issue, and it looks like it comes from a bug on their side.
We're working with them to find a solution as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
fsf976

Post by fsf976 »

Hi Brieuc, thank you for your reply and confirmation.

I still think it would be much better for Netatmo to provide a service status page. There have been quite a few WeatherUnderground drop-outs int he last few months.

And I understand that this may be an issue from the WU side. However I would add that I monitor a handful of weather stations from various manufacturers and none of them seem to experience the drop-outs that I see from Netatmo software. In the last week, 2 other manufacturers did seem to have 1-2 days of dropout but the reporting from my Netatmo station has been down for 10 days now.

Why is Netatmo suffering from these issues more than other manufacturers?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
We just got a feedback from WU, and they need your personal information (MAC address, public IP, mail address...) to solve this kind of issue.
In this case, you need to contact their Support team directly to let them investigate.
We are notre able to provide a status page for the WU service, but you can suggest this idea to them directly.
I hope it helps!
Have a nice day :-)
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
fsf976

Post by fsf976 »

Thanks Brieuc, yes it is working again now. The graphs are visible and the current conditions, although the summary table (min/max temp etc) don't seem to be working for Netatmo stations but they are for others:

Netatmo: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IPETERBO9
Other: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... UNITEDK165

I've checked 2 Netatmo stations and 2 other manufacturers stations and the problem looks just to be with the Netatmo ones.

Thanks

Russell
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi Russell,
Once again, please contact WU directly because it's also a bug on their side.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
fsf976

Post by fsf976 »

Hi Brieuc,

I understand this is an issue with WU and not directly Netatmo.

However, I will say that looking on WU in the immediate vicinity of my weather station, I can see half a dozen Netatmo stations, none of which are displaying the summary information.

So this doesn't look like a particular issue with my station and WU, it is a wide-spread issue for many, if not all, Netatmo stations and as a paying customer of Netatmo I'd expect you to deal with this issue on our behalf as the integration with WU is a service you provide to your customers.

Or do you fell that every Netatmo customer should individually contact WU regarding this issue for their own stations?

Thanks

Russell
fsf976

Post by fsf976 »

WeatherUnderground is again reporting no data received since 1730 on Saturday now. Not just my station, the other Netatmo stations in my area have disappeared from WU also.
Thiaga

Post by Thiaga »

Dear customers,

Thanks a lot for your reporting,

After checking I can confirm that We had no issues with our API recently.

If you have any API related trouble please contact :
contact-api@netatmo.com

For any issues related to our weather map : https://weathermap.netatmo.com/
please contact us through: https://www.netatmo.com/en-US/helpcente ... orecasts/6

And Finally for all troubles related to Weather underground or any other third party application,
please contact the third party developer or their Support.

Thanks.

Prashanth
PeanutsHouse

Post by PeanutsHouse »

My station (and others in my area) stopped showing on WU (again) two days ago. I submitted a problem report to them this morning.
Sparks135

Post by Sparks135 »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
We just got a feedback from WU, and they need your personal information (MAC address, public IP, mail address...) to solve this kind of issue.
In this case, you need to contact their Support team directly to let them investigate.
We are notre able to provide a status page for the WU service, but you can suggest this idea to them directly.
I hope it helps!
Have a nice day :-)
I am new to this, how do I find my Mac address and public IP, I am using a Mac computer? how do I determine my MAC address from this serial number j211c6e? Now the public IP is that from my Mac computer? Mine came online for a few hours then went off again.

Return to “My Weather Station data”