Home kit availability

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Johan_Netatmo

Re: Home kit availability

Post by Johan_Netatmo »

Gondolf wrote:I‘m on the beta program, but there is no firmware update for HomeKit too....
Please ask your question inside the private beta section.
djay

Post by djay »

Johan_Netatmo wrote:We closed registration to beta program for now.
If this means HomeKit for existing "welcome" Users is around the corner, then great! Is it close and how close? ;)
introcaso

Post by introcaso »

I have 5 Welcome cameras... looking forward to the HomeKit integration. I've signed up for the beta program, but haven't heard anything yet.... this is going to be a great year for HomeKit. By the way, will the "Tags" be linked to HomeKit as well?
sebastienbo

Post by sebastienbo »

I notice a lot of apple features, however 85% of the smartphone/tablet market is android users.
When I check your customer "application downloads" for the "security" app, I see the same ratio : you have 90% of android customers.
So I wonder why you still invest more effort in Apple devices then in Android , you invest in a lot of time and money for 15% of your customers while you almost forget about the 85% of android users.
Thats not a very good marketing strategy (where you want to reach most of the market with the least amount of effort/money)
Could you please make an internal investigation to verify my affirmations?

https://android.jlelse.eu/apple-vs-andr ... 799a0a1683

Something that is really missing in the android app is the abbility to set notifications per house instead of per app, because now I get alerts for my uncle's hous,my parents house,etc..
Currently there is only one possibility: enable sound for all camera's or disable sound for all cameras...
I just want to get alerts for my house and be able to check the houses of my family when they are on vacation.

Like this screenshot(photoshopped):
Attachments
Why can't android notifications not be per home?
Why can't android notifications not be per home?
wackotecho

Post by wackotecho »

Still no HomeKit compatibility, wondering if there is any news as this was meant to roll out by the end of 2017.

As for previous poster regarding iOS vs android, I hate to say it but look at the fragmentation level and you will understand why iOS is the preferred for developers.
Johan_Netatmo

Post by Johan_Netatmo »

sebastienbo wrote:I notice a lot of apple features, however 85% of the smartphone/tablet market is android users.
When I check your customer "application downloads" for the "security" app, I see the same ratio : you have 90% of android customers.
So I wonder why you still invest more effort in Apple devices then in Android , you invest in a lot of time and money for 15% of your customers while you almost forget about the 85% of android users.
Thats not a very good marketing strategy (where you want to reach most of the market with the least amount of effort/money)
Could you please make an internal investigation to verify my affirmations?

https://android.jlelse.eu/apple-vs-andr ... 799a0a1683

Something that is really missing in the android app is the abbility to set notifications per house instead of per app, because now I get alerts for my uncle's hous,my parents house,etc..
Currently there is only one possibility: enable sound for all camera's or disable sound for all cameras...
I just want to get alerts for my house and be able to check the houses of my family when they are on vacation.

Like this screenshot(photoshopped):
Your numbers are from far wrong. However we do work on Android application too there is no preferred platform, both are fully supported and except with platform dedicated featured such as HomeKit, both platform offer the same features.
Johan_Netatmo

Post by Johan_Netatmo »

wackotecho wrote:Still no HomeKit compatibility, wondering if there is any news as this was meant to roll out by the end of 2017.

As for previous poster regarding iOS vs android, I hate to say it but look at the fragmentation level and you will understand why iOS is the preferred for developers.
We do are a bit late it will come in a few month.
djay

Post by djay »

Johan_Netatmo wrote: Your numbers are from far wrong. However we do work on Android application too there is no preferred platform, both are fully supported and except with platform dedicated featured such as HomeKit, both platform offer the same features.
:P
tcs

Post by tcs »

Johan_Netatmo [b]Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:16 pm[/b] wrote:By the end of the year.
Johan_Netatmo wrote: a few month.
:shock: :roll: :cry:
introcaso

Post by introcaso »

It is very important that when Netatmo releases the HomeKit compatibility, that they expose a trigger where "arm" and "disarm" functions can act as the occupancy mode for the welcome cams directly from HomeKit. It should be a trigger that when "arm" then the Home/Away status changes, so that the trigger can also help change Thermostats, lights, and other homekit devices.

Return to “General questions”