Geofencing and multiple users

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
cjr

Geofencing and multiple users

Post by cjr »

Hi,

I've only had my Welcome installed since this morning, and so far all is going well.

Enabling location services (always on) for the Security app on my iPhone successfully notices when I leave the house. I'm not sure it notices when I return though.

But my main question is how can I get geofencing to work for everyone else in the family? They need to install the Security app, I guess. But do they need their own netatmo accounts, or do they all have to share mine? How would I stop them changing the camera settings?
dlinds

Re: Geofencing and multiple users

Post by dlinds »

The Welcome with the current firmware only detects leaving with geolocation, it still needs to see and identify a user's face to determine they have returned. In order to have geolocating work for your entire family, each device that will report their location would need to have the app installed. Each user can be invited by you to have access to the camera and create their account. They can then set in the app that "this is me" for their profile and enable location tracking. But again that will only detect them leaving.

Regarding security and changing settings, to my knowledge it isn't possible to control that at this time. If a user has access to welcome they have full access. Another option is to use the feature that marks users away after not being seen by the camera after a set period of time. How our setup works is the app will use our phones to determine if we've left the area and mark us away or after it doesn't see us for two hours (the time is adjustable). You may also manually set that all users are gone.
cjr

Post by cjr »

Thanks @dlinds!

That explains why it didn't recognise me returning...

I'm probably not going to open up access for my kids to mess around with, at least for now. Do you know if Netatmo intend to add any sort of access control at all?
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

Where is the option to enable location tracking found withing the IOS app? I have an iphone 7 with the app and a Netatmo Welcome camera at home and I can't seem to find the option to turn this feature on anywhere. In my iphone settings under locations services I have enabled the Netatmo app to use my location at all times.

Thanks in advance.
bzn

Post by bzn »

Long press your own photo -> Edit -> This is me [ON].
That’s all.
In my case it start functioning second day since setup process.
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

Thanks, I missed that, it wasn’t obvious.

I appreciate the reply!

Return to “General questions”