Valves not closing after a few days

ramoncolom

Re: Valves not closing after a few days

Post by ramoncolom »

Hi.

Have the same problem..... some valves stay open unless they reach the temp before thermostat switches off boiler.
Hope this is fixed soon otherwise the valves are useless
florian_ec

Post by florian_ec »

Hi, i am one of the "rare cases" :roll: customer mentioned here https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?p=17717#p17717 for Firmware v51 with a feedback. Unfortunately still one Valve is not closing, its better (around 23° now, before it was at 25°).

When i set to frost-prtection (7°) Valves are all closed, this worked for me already with Firmware v49.
Max B

Post by Max B »

After about 1 month of good behavior on Friday my 4 valves (3 with firmware 51 and 1 with 49) show issues again.
See below graph from Jan feb. In mid Jan temperature raise was intentional, but the last no.
Calibration tried several times, tried also to set anti-freeze and to start heating for 30 min.
See graph below
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-02-11-19-09-08-318.jpeg
Screenshot_2018-02-11-19-09-35-922.jpeg
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi all!

My two problematic valves are still not operating as I would expect. They are working well for about a week, but then they do not close anymore.
I have used the WD40 trick and the knob on the valves are quite easy to operate. Still, after about 9-10 days they do not close the valve entirely and leave the heating on.
I have made an observation and that is that the valves seem to operate better with new batteries. When they can not close, even a recalibration does not close them, but if I then change the batteries, they will close after 3-4 recalibrations. My battery indicator states that the batteries are good, but when running calibration it does not seem like them motor pushes on the knob at all. My valves makes a little noise, this is for all the valves of the same type, so it is very easy to hear that they are not closing. I will open a case in the support center.
We can for sure not trust these thermostats and I would not recommend leaving them alone for a long time. I don't know if it is the thermostat or the valves, since I have one valve of same type that are working very well. I will also try to get my plumber to change one of them, with a new one, just to see.

Firmware update did not change anything on my problematic valves. Still not working consistently and I am afraid to leave them alone for a long time.

/mhaga
Max B

Post by Max B »

The first time I had the "non closing" issue the only solution I found was to remove batteries, restart the valve and run calibration.
All the attempt to run calibration before having removed the batteries was not effective, even if valves were actually making some noise during calibration.

Did someone else solved the issue the same way?

I'm asking because I see that there is no way to reset valves, the only option is remove batteries, maybe a sort of "reboot" function like for smartphone may help.
Max

PS could you please let me know how to open an "official" ticket with Netatmo, I wrote to their support but never received a reply
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
I just followed the link on the support page. Have not received anything after I wrote. Not even a confirmation on new case.
Have removed batteries earlier and this worked quite good, but this time I had to recalibrate 10-15 times. Sometimes thermostat closes the valve, sometimes not.
Think it closed completely now, but have to check later if the radiator cools down.

/mhaga
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi all,

Short update here.
Got one of my valve bodies replaced last week. Much easier calibration now. Still, sometimes the valve does not close entirely.
It might be that the valve needs some runtime to get into spec. I'm working on that. Will keep you updated on the matter.

BR
/mhaga
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Sorry for the duplicate. Don't know/find how to delete it...
Admin can delete...

Hi all,

Short update here.
Got one of my valve bodies replaced last week. Much easier calibration now. Still, sometimes the valve does not close entirely.
It might be that the valve needs some runtime to get into spec. I'm working on that. Will keep you updated on the matter.

BR
/mhaga
whnagel

Post by whnagel »

Still overheating 7 to 8 degrees
Netatmo overheating.pdf
(119.73 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Still overheating
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
my problematic bathroom-valve is acutally better since I replaced batteries (they showed up 3/4 full) and I applied some WD40 to the pin in the radiator-valve. The radiator and valve were newly installed last sommer.

Since then, the valve can actually close fully 99% and the radiotor stays cold when it should.

In your case : do you have another thermostat in the room to check the actual temp ? Netamo-Valve temparture displayed is not very accurate if no heating occurs.

-Markus

Return to “General questions”