Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
passatgt

Re: Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Post by passatgt »

mjkenrick wrote:Hmm, both cameras still connecting and disconnecting much of the time. Perhaps they do not like our cold weather, though it would seem a little silly not to have made them for winter conditions.
Can anyone tell me the significance of the "started" icon in the App? This is the black circle with a white lightening sign. Sometimes I get it after a disconnect, but not always. Whatever, it seems to mean nothing as I remain disconnected until I get a green sign saying connected.
I'm thinking about this too... I only have the camera for a few days now so can't say for sure, but usually disconnects starts at night when its getting colder, below -10°C. This should be fine though, because Netatmo supports -20°C based on the specs.
mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick »

Thank you "passatgt" for those thoughts. I am learning all sorts of interesting things about my computer in this forum - not helping with the camera that much as it happens! I have managed to check my router's connections (it is also an internet provider one) and can see that the camera is connected at 2.4ghz and is working at 72mbps, so that should be OK. Not on a MAC; still Microsoft driven!
passatgt

Post by passatgt »

Well, changing the channel does not solved the issue sadly. Disconnected on 14:49 and connected again on 14:56, disconnected again at 15:29 and now it won't connect at all :(
My router shows that the camera is indeed connected(72mbps on the 2.4ghz channel) but the app says disconnected. Another strange thing is that HomeKit shows the motion sensor and the light connected, however i'm unable to turn the lights on. The video feed is stuck on an hour late picture and won't update.

SN is 70:ee:50:27:e9:ea if someone from Netatmo wants to take a look. FW 121.

And as i'm writing this message its connected again and working fine...

My Wifi network is fine btw, the router is located 1.5 meters from the camera with a single wall between them. (however, camera shows just 3 bars in the Wi-Fi signal information).
Let me know if theres anything i can do to help debugging the issue.
HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy »

Joining the club - presence was rock solid for a month and with the cold snap it is losing connectivity repeatedly.
I have a wifi extension point directly next to the camera and records full bars. Started happening roughly a week ago.

MAC : 70:ee:50:2a:49:e8 FW119

I have set the UDP timeout to 400 as per recommendations for now
mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick »

Reply intended for Christophe, to whom I have sent a private reply to his recent message, but the message itself seems not to have gone - it is still in the outbox, yet said it had been sent successfully. Hopefully you can find it.
Christophe_Netatmo

Post by Christophe_Netatmo »

mjkenrick wrote:Reply intended for Christophe, to whom I have sent a private reply to his recent message, but the message itself seems not to have gone - it is still in the outbox, yet said it had been sent successfully. Hopefully you can find it.
I got it thank you.
mjkenrick wrote:Can anyone tell me the significance of the "started" icon in the App? This is the black circle with a white lightening sign. Sometimes I get it after a disconnect, but not always.
This is to indicate that the camera has correctly started. You have this when the camera is plugged to a power source, and more occasionally if the camera has failed too many times to reach our servers because an internal mechanism will restart the camera as a potential recovery from critical failures (here this was because the network link couldn't be established despite many tries).
passatgt wrote:My router shows that the camera is indeed connected(72mbps on the 2.4ghz channel) but the app says disconnected.
If have checked your camera and your WiFi signal seems to be really good. It seems by the time I checked your camera everything has been working correctly now. I am thinking in your case in a temporary link problem between your ISP and our servers.
HurdyGurdy wrote:Joining the club - presence was rock solid for a month and with the cold snap it is losing connectivity repeatedly.
I have a wifi extension point directly next to the camera and records full bars. Started happening roughly a week ago.
Our diagnostic suggest that your extenders are using the same WiFi channels and the same SSID names. Could you please try to associate them to different channels and to use different SSID names for each.
If you change them please make sure that your camera is associated to the closer one.
Christophe - Lead Software Engineer
passatgt

Post by passatgt »

Yes, i was just about to post that its been online for more than 24 hours now :) I checked the network traffic and saw that the camera tried to connect to netatmo servers on various addresses(v1, v2 etc...) so i'm guessing the issue was on your end, or some DNS issues and was unable to find your servers. Hopefully the issue won't return. Thanks for checking though.
HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy »

HurdyGurdy wrote:Joining the club - presence was rock solid for a month and with the cold snap it is losing connectivity repeatedly.
Our diagnostic suggest that your extenders are using the same WiFi channels and the same SSID names. Could you please try to associate them to different channels and to use different SSID names for each.
If you change them please make sure that your camera is associated to the closer one.
Issue stopped since noon yesterday, even before i made any changes. To be sure i flipped channel to be different between extender and main router; rather not change SSID for now.
Strangely enough the problems going away coincided with the temperatures rising above freezing again. The problems started when we started dipping below 0.
Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo »

Certainly not a temperature issue with my Presence. Installed almost a year ago with no temperature issues. Even though the weather proof standard gets us to -20C mine has operated with no issues to -40C in northern Canada.
Kitor

Post by Kitor »

Hello,
I have two Presence and I have the problem only on one of the two. (the one with the best Wifi)
So for me it's probably not a problem of the router and no more temperature because I am in the south west of France.
However, since March 2, I have had new disconnections.
sorry for the google translation;)

Return to “General questions”