Should I buy

Bootgaz

Should I buy

Post by Bootgaz » 06 Mar 2018, 00:08

I have the Netatmo thermostat 1st gen for a while now and very happy. I am replacing all the roads in my 4 bed house and want to install the Netatmo smart thermostats. The reason for installing these is mainly so I can stop heating the entire house when we are all in one room etc.

Will these turn out to be a good buy?

Bootgaz

Re: Should I buy

Post by Bootgaz » 07 Mar 2018, 11:26

I cant believe know one has an opinion on whether or not these are any good, planning on investing well over £300.

I have noticed that Tado and Eve also have smart rad valves and dont require their thermostat, are these better?

I am not bothered by setting different temps in rooms, more just being able to switch off upstairs when heating downstairs and then switching it when i go upstairs etc.

rebelo

Post by rebelo » 07 Mar 2018, 14:57

Hi Bootgaz.

In my opinion the valves are ok and work great.
Have been using the thermostat for around 3 years and have also installed the valves this winter.
The comfort priority feature is good letting You do precisely what You have mentioned ,'stop heating the entire house when we are all in one room'.

One thing i need to figure out is if we save gas with the comfort priority on.
But as someone already wrote in this forum, sometime comfort is priceless.

Rgds
Rebelo

Bootgaz

Post by Bootgaz » 07 Mar 2018, 17:10

Thanks for the reply, thats great to hear that they work ok. I will probably go with them as i want to stick to one system but just wanted peoples experiences before ordering.

mdillmann

Post by mdillmann » 08 Mar 2018, 15:45

Hi,
I only have the valves (not thermostat), that is why I did not reply immediatly.

All in all the valves do work flawlessly. Still some functions like open-window-detection missing. If you do not need that, then you're good.
Also they are not a per-room replacement for Netatmo-Station if you are interested in the current room temperature. When they are heating, you get quite accurarte readings (after a days of fiddeling with the offsets). But when they are cold (e.g. not in use / room not heated or you heat via wood-oven) they show temperature in the range +-8 degrees from actual, so useless.

But there are specific circumstances, where valves will NOT work correctly at all. I have that situation with my bathroom valve, where it does not close (fully) where it should resulting in an overheateded room/energy wasting.
A number of users reported this in this forum, but Netatmo has been - lets say that diplomatically - not very keen to get behind the root-cause or even fix this behavior.

So go ahead and try them. If they work for you, good. If not, return them.

-Markus
Relais: 70: ee: 50: 0e: 92: 3e (v197)
Ventile: o00a4a1 o00ac0b o00854d o006c0b(did go bananas) o007a51 o01cf3f (v73)

Return to “General questions”