Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
badboyandy

Re: Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Post by badboyandy »

same problem keeps disconnecting and not able to play back video correct I think its the Netatmo servers thats at fault
andygodber

Post by andygodber »

same here - also happening on my Welcome.
With 5 cameras.......

started in last 3 days.
badboyandy

Post by badboyandy »

I'm sure its the servers that are at fault
mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick »

Daughter's camera has now been off line for over 24 hours. Not good news. And that despite switching it off this morning for a couple of minutes to see if could be "unblocked". :cry:
mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick »

Camera now been off 48 hours. Not at all good!!
mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick »

Daughter's camera still showing disconnected - since Monday!! Mine is now becoming dysfunctional - been on and off like a yoyo today. There being no obvious reason, it would be good if a Netatmo person could sort this out as there seem to be too many people with the same problem
mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick »

Interesting - the French posts about disconnecting cameras started exactly 12 months ago, and a resolution was promised then "toute suite"! So it would seem that it has taken 12 months to get nowhere with solving this problem. Not impressive after paying quite a lot for security, that then isn't! :D :cry:
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

I know it must be frustrating having your camera drop out, but out of everyone having this issue, how many of you are using your ISP supplied router? Dare I say the ones supplied are mass produced and of a poor quality as most of the time they're given out for free. I do very rarely get drop outs for literally a few seconds in a day tops, just saying it could be a cheap/ none configured (running auto channel, etc) router. Admittedly most wouldn't be willing/ have the knowledge to force the ISP router to modem mode and get a separate router, and yes spending £150 on a router might be excessive, but it sure as heck makes a massive difference to stability/ data throughput.
Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo »

Good point Subzero. I've been using an Apple Time Capsule for years, and haven't had a single disconnection that couldn't be attributed to a firmware upgrade, power spike or other obvious factor. For almost a year, I've had my Presence operating in northern Canada (summer +30C, winter -40C) with the supplied SD card. Ongoing product development does seem to correct some of the little glitches as they become known, but overall a positive experience.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Hoodoo wrote:Good point Subzero. I've been using an Apple Time Capsule for years, and haven't had a single disconnection that couldn't be attributed to a firmware upgrade, power spike or other obvious factor. For almost a year, I've had my Presence operating in northern Canada (summer +30C, winter -40C) with the supplied SD card. Ongoing product development does seem to correct some of the little glitches as they become known, but overall a positive experience.
I work in a technical background, so I do feel for Netatmo as the issues aren't always necessarily their fault, I.E. it could be a setup/ signal issue. So I feel they need a little support in this post, a good router although expensive does make a difference. My only criticism is I wish they allowed 5ghz on the Presence too, as that would mean my rear camera (a fair distance away) would run 1080 constantly, instead of dropping to 720 on occasion.

Return to “General questions”