Please consider introducing a snooze alerts feature!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
EssexBoyRacer

Please consider introducing a snooze alerts feature!

Post by EssexBoyRacer »

There are times where alerts go crazy because the wind is triggering off false alerts, or shadows in the early morning or late afternoon, or I'm just in the garden for a few hours.

Rather then change the settings temporarily and have to remember to set them back again, it would be great to just have a snooze feature that would stop sending alerts for a period of time e.g. 15 mins, 1hr, 6 hrs, 12hrs etc...
Sdke

Re: Please consider introducing a snooze alerts feature!

Post by Sdke »

Oh god. That's actually a smart idea
TommasoSan

Post by TommasoSan »

same request in the past...nobody of netatmo team has considered it.
NAC Beta Tester
Mac: 70:ee:50:94:65:32
Mac: 70:ee:50:94:65:9c
Product firmware version: 1015
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1
Netatmo Home+Control app version used: 2.23 (189)
Bostonbill7727

Post by Bostonbill7727 »

I agree it would be a great idea to be able to snooze alerts. I have that ability with my ring doorbell.
gnaegi

Post by gnaegi »

Wouldn't it be a lot better to have geofencing? I also have some several Canary cameras and the geo fence there is absolutely perfect. When one of the family member is at home, notifications are disabled automatically and re-enabled when the last person leaves.

It really should be like this: automatic. It is very stable, I never have problems with this while I get false notifications from my presence cams all the time. And when I disable the cam, very often I forget to turn notification on again. In the Canary app I can also configure a night mode with overrides the geo-fence, it works great.

Snooze would be better than nothing, however geo-fence would be even better.
EssexBoyRacer

Post by EssexBoyRacer »

Geofencing is already an implemented feature. It’s a bit hit and miss if it’s working properly. The most recent update seems to have broken it.

Geofencing in this instance wouldn’t be the right solution however as I want to get notifications when I’m at home but there are occasions when there might be constant activity setting it off and I just want to pause notifications for a period of time until that situation has passed without having to remember to reconfigure settings again.
stefannetatmo

Post by stefannetatmo »

This feature would be really helpful. It would be even better if you could set the time span in which detection and recording are performed. So that during the day, for example, when you are at home, you deactivate it and activate it from the evening. So example from 8 to 19 o'clock inactive. Active from 19:01 to 7:59.

That would be excellent!
EssexBoyRacer

Post by EssexBoyRacer »

That I believe is already possible.

Under alert and record settings you can set a block of time each day that you recieve notifications.

But it does come with some limitations that it’s one one block of time per day and the same block of time every single day.
gnaegi

Post by gnaegi »

@EssexBoyRacer: where do I find this option? We are talking about Presence camera, not Welcome!
EssexBoyRacer

Post by EssexBoyRacer »

In the app, hit the "..." in the top right corner and select the "Alert & recording settings" near the bottom of the screen.

There should be a section labeled "Receive Presence Notifications" where you can adjust a slider for from and to when you want notifications under the condition of always or only when you are away.

Return to “General questions”