New updates.

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Cristi_XP

New updates.

Post by Cristi_XP » 06 Sep 2018, 11:47

I have seen in the channel log that new updates are available. For the relay we have v187 (Relay) , but my relay is still at 174. Is anything that we can do to start the update on our devices? Why aren`t all of them update automatically? relay - g0bbc76 , thermostat - j0bbc70
Let me know if you need also the id for all the valves.

Thanks!

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: New updates.

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 06 Sep 2018, 12:03

Hi,
My message might not be clear enough in the changelog topic, so let me explain it better here.
"The lastest firmware is progressively pushed to each active product." > It means that after having beta tested a new firmware, we push it on all the devices step by step. At the beginning, we push it on a very small percentage of all devices, and check whether everything goes well. If no issue is reported, we increase the percentage of updated products, and monitor carefully each step.
That's why when the announcement of a new firmware is done, some of you will be updated and some others will still have to wait for few days.
In short, no need to ask us to force the update, you will get it very soon :)
NB: the same deployment process is applied to the mobile Apps for Android and iOS. It's a very common process in the software industry.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Cristi_XP

Post by Cristi_XP » 06 Sep 2018, 13:18

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now.
I thought that the the firmware will be sent to our devices in maximum 3 days from the release and if we didn`t got it, there is a problem.

Thanks for explaining. All clear now! :)

azuma82

Post by azuma82 » 02 Oct 2018, 10:06

so honestly I don't understand why it's called "very soon" and then a month later still nothing happened. Slowly I thought Netatmo was learning from it but the update process is really flawed. That I can say after 2 years with the thermostat also justified.

Please update
relay
Serial number g1aadd2 Firmware 174

room thermostat
Serial number j1acc42 Firmware 65

Return to “General questions”