Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
wallyc

Re: Homekit integration still coming?

Post by wallyc »

Lucky you. Which router do you use ?
ChmGolf

Post by ChmGolf »

I use an Apple Time Capsule as the main router and two Airport Express as access points.
Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo »

I'm using the same router/wifi, and have had no issues with my Presence or 2 Welcomes in over 2 years. I am also a Beta tester, and really looking forward to what is coming next.
Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo »

I'm using the same router/wifi, and have had no issues with my Presence or 2 Welcomes in over 2 years. I am also a Beta tester, and really looking forward to what is coming next.
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

well Apple Time Capsule and Airport Express are devices that were indeed very popular but have reached their end of life.

Mikrotik is a company that sells top of the range routers and wifi access points.

Is Netatmo testing their cameras only on some routers ?
pshlos

Post by pshlos »

Why is this so difficult? Its been over a year of development for this one feature. Have you actually been paying someone for over a year to work on this and its still not ready? Maybe hire someone to help him? There are other cameras in the market that didn't take nearly as long to make with home kit. Hell, you can buy a random 30€ camera and make it home kit compatible with a raspberry pi. The code to do that is open source. Use that.
jaspers

Post by jaspers »

pshlos wrote:Why is this so difficult? Its been over a year of development for this one feature. Have you actually been paying someone for over a year to work on this and its still not ready? Maybe hire someone to help him? There are other cameras in the market that didn't take nearly as long to make with home kit. Hell, you can buy a random 30€ camera and make it home kit compatible with a raspberry pi. The code to do that is open source. Use that.
And they already have it working for the netatmo presence. So they have the technology. I'm starting to think it's because of the facial recognition which conflicts with apple's rules or something like that.
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

They don't have the optimal technology, as their HomeKit implementation on Presence camera is *NOT* working on LAN's routed by some modern routers (Mikrotik for instance, which is one of the best router/Wifi Access points manufacturers)
jaspers

Post by jaspers »

wallyc wrote:They don't have the optimal technology, as their HomeKit implementation on Presence camera is *NOT* working on LAN's routed by some modern routers (Mikrotik for instance, which is one of the best router/Wifi Access points manufacturers)
Not optimal is still better than waiting more than 1 year.
wallyc

Post by wallyc »

Hence my previous post that Netatmo is definitely NOT mastering the Homekit implementation for the moment, and that explains the unacceptable multiple postponements of Welcome with HomeKit. Logitech Circle 2 with HomeKit works like a charm, I am thinking of trashing my Presence for good. I will miss the floodlight though.

Return to “General questions”