Valve always closed

schmaker

Valve always closed

Post by schmaker »

Hi there,

it looks like my valve after calibration ALWAYS keeps the radiator closed instead of open. I even tried to change valve controller to valve distance, no change.

To me it actually looks like the valve works other way around (closes when supposed to open), is that possible? I have push to close radiator valves installed.

It's urgent for me to fix this problem, please be so kind and help me.

Thanks

Roman
schmaker

Re: Valve always closed

Post by schmaker »

Update: Its not working other way around and motor works well when smart valve is taken off. When i put it on, it calibrates itself and after calibration the difference between open & closed is 0,1 sec of motor movement. Almost closed all the time no matter what i do
schmaker

Post by schmaker »

Turns out, that Netatmo Valves werent able to calibrate themselves on my valves. Tried my best and tech support also tried hard, there should be firmware with the fix within couple of weeks. Luckily, one of my valves were dripping a little, so i replaced all and calibration works now.

Cant say it was hardware issue though as netatmo valves always closed the valve without any issues.
Thrimph

Post by Thrimph »

schmaker wrote:Turns out, that Netatmo Valves werent able to calibrate themselves on my valves. Tried my best and tech support also tried hard, there should be firmware with the fix within couple of weeks. Luckily, one of my valves were dripping a little, so i replaced all and calibration works now.

Cant say it was hardware issue though as netatmo valves always closed the valve without any issues.
Hi

I have the same problem with my valves
How did you solve it please
schmaker

Post by schmaker »

I replaced the radiator valve. I guess it was sticking a little so calibration was off, but netatmo promised fix in firmware within few weeks.
Thrimph

Post by Thrimph »

schmaker wrote:I replaced the radiator valve. I guess it was sticking a little so calibration was off, but netatmo promised fix in firmware within few weeks.
In a few weeks...when the winter will be done and when we will not have the need of heating :D
schmaker

Post by schmaker »

Exactly. I needed to act fast and luckily because one of the valves were leaking, i figured out changing them fixes the issue
willf

Post by willf »

One of my valves started doing this. It seems to calibrate fine (open the radiator all the way and back).. but then when it tries to turn the radiator on it only opens for 0.1 seconds and no heat comes through. This valve was working fine before. I've tried it on another radiator with the same problem. And I've tried these radiators with another valve and they work fine. Whats happened!?
willf

Post by willf »

August 30, 2018
- [Valves only] Improvement of the Valves calibration process

maybe this?
schmaker

Post by schmaker »

It's not this as i bought smarties in september.

The behavior you are experiencing is exactly what i experienced. I guess that the valve is sticking and calibration thinks it can open just a little bit. Replacing mechanical valve worked out well :)

Return to “General questions”