Controlling/turning on the bolier by the smart valves

ggiacomello

Controlling/turning on the bolier by the smart valves

Post by ggiacomello »

Hallo
I read on internet that Netatmo will soon release a software or firmware update that will allow controlling/turning on the boiler by the valves using the gateway of the thermostat: do you know if it was already released or when it will happen?
Infact in this case I think I will be able to manage the following situation:
- bedroom 1 with netatmo thermostat set to 19°and themperature in the room on 21° (so thermostat doesn't turn on the boiler for this room)
- bedroom 2 with netatmo smart valve set to 21° and themperature on 19°: with new sw realease the netatmo valve using the gateway of the thermostat will turn on the boiler?

I have two netamto thermostat in two different zone of the home, I am waiting to buy the netatmo smart valves when I will be sure that I can controll/turn on the bolier by the valves

(in the previous example, if it works as I hope, I could also add an other smart valve to bedroom 1 ...).

Kind regards

Following the link to the new on internet:
https://www.macitynet.it/guida-alle-val ... e_comprare
schmaker

Re: Controlling/turning on the bolier by the smart valves

Post by schmaker »

It's already working for a while, all you need is wait day or two for smart-home to update to latest firmware, then use comfort mode.
ggiacomello

Post by ggiacomello »

Thank you very much. Bye.
Mjodzik

Post by Mjodzik »

I installed a kit thermostat+valves yesterday. I noticed valves don't trigger a boiler even a room temperature is low and other rooms remain cold. Only thermostat can trigger the boiler based on its own temperature. Is it correct? Thanks

Update: comfort mode appeared and it seems to work as expected.
schmaker

Post by schmaker »

Wait day or two for firmware update, then set comfort mode
euroben

Post by euroben »

I have purchase two valves to add to my existing thermostat. I installed them yesterday and they are on firmware 73. The comfort priority option was available instantly from the moment I connected them but the valves are not turning on the boiler even though this is activated. Otherwise it is working fine, no error messages and the valves are heating and turning off at the setpoint when the heating schedule has turned on the main thermostat but if the temp in one room dropped (say overnight), then that valve is not telling the boiler to come on. Any ideas?
rebelo

Post by rebelo »

Did You activate the comfort priority?
In windows: Manage my home - Operating Mode
tomschwarz

Post by tomschwarz »

Right. I understand. The way the system works best is with the thermostat (which seems to be required) is set to a very low temperature. Then the beauty of the system, even though you have only one boiler, any room can turn it on based on the temperature at the smart valve. And then that hot water from the boiler will only flow to the room with the valve(s) that requested the heat because all the other smart valves are turned off.

Return to “General questions”