wind guage install problem

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Weather Stations for the first time.
Teamtaylor84

wind guage install problem

Post by Teamtaylor84 »

I’ve just purchased a wind gauge to complete my weather station.
However after pairing I’m stuck with the message
“this module can take some time to make it’s first measurement”
If I go into settings I can see that the wind gauge has signal and battery.
It’s been like this overnight and after unpairing/repairing it still says the same after 6 hours.
Anybody else had this issue?
swederik75

Re: wind guage install problem

Post by swederik75 »

Same here.
basil

Post by basil »

I had same issue with an indoor module. Netatmo support immediately advised it was faulty and to return to place of purchase under warranty. Replacement module works great.
Teamtaylor84

Post by Teamtaylor84 »

Customer support advised me that the wind gauge was faulty and a new one arrived today. Here's hoping this one works!
Teamtaylor84

Post by Teamtaylor84 »

Update : I’m still getting the same issue with the new wind gauge days after installing, despite re-pairing/resetting. Looks like either there’s potentially a problem with every wind gauge supplied by Netatmo or the issue is elsewhere. Either way it’s extremely frustrating.
Also, after Netatmo's very efficient handling of my original complaint I'm now receiving zero response to my emails.
Teamtaylor84

Post by Teamtaylor84 »

Does anybody know if it's possible to do a factory reset on the weather station? Perhaps that would help.
mele

Post by mele »

I have exactly the same problem. Two different wind gauges pair to the base station but do not show any values in the UI. I am no replacing the base station. I hope that this would solve the problem.
Teamtaylor84

Post by Teamtaylor84 »

Please let me know if it does.
Just out of curiosity how old is your base station? I purchased mine last October, so not so good if I have to replace it after just over 12 months.
mele

Post by mele »

I bought my station in November. It will take a few days to get the new module. I will let you know if the replacement will solve the problem.
mele

Post by mele »

The replacement of the base station did not solve the problem. Frustrating situation. No idea what to do next.

Return to “Setting up my Weather Station”