Valves not closed

stanikuz

Re: Valves not closed

Post by stanikuz »

Is this issue was resolved in the newest firmware v197?
Could you check your firmware for v197 and then check for your issue still exist or resolved?
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
Ric75

Post by Ric75 »

The issue has been completely solved by firmware 193.
I waited some days to do some tests changing manually the temperature on radiators and by leaving them operating automatically under comfort option. In all cases now when one or more radiators need heat all the remaining are correctly cold with the valves closed.
Ric75

Post by Ric75 »

stanikuz wrote:Is this issue was resolved in the newest firmware v197?
Could you check your firmware for v197 and then check for your issue still exist or resolved?
Since today I have 197/71/73 too so I will tell you in the next days.
Upgrade was triggered by an issue I have with Homekit , so yesterday I had to reset the rele and this action automatically triggered the download of the firmware upgrade from 193 to 197.
The update took the whole night and now it's finished on all 7 valves upgraded from 72 to 73.
This morning some valves (not all) had the same issue like before v193 as reported in the screenshot below (room temperature =20.6 setpoint= 20.5 -> no need for heating)
2018-11-19 15_07_37-Netatmo.png
I hope it's just a temporary bug during the upgrade process.
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Ric75 wrote:
stanikuz wrote:Is this issue was resolved in the newest firmware v197?
Since today I have 197/71/73 too so I will tell you in the next days.
Upgrade was triggered by an issue I have with Homekit , so yesterday I had to reset the rele and this action automatically triggered the download of the firmware upgrade from 193 to 197.
The update took the whole night and now it's finished on all 7 valves upgraded from 72 to 73.
This morning some valves (not all) had the same issue like before v193 as reported in the screenshot below (room temperature =20.6 setpoint= 20.5 -> no need for heating)
2018-11-19 15_07_37-Netatmo.png
I hope it's just a temporary bug during the upgrade process.
Maybe it could be useful to re-calibrate valves again, because recalibration process can be changed from version to version of the firmware.
(I remember that earlier it was not resolved your issue, but possibly it can help in the new firmware)
Stan Kuznetsov
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

However I re-think about your issue again: unfortunately (or fortunately) it seems as not wrong calibration issue. So it can be useless to re-calibrate.
Stan Kuznetsov
Ric75

Post by Ric75 »

I have recalibrated all valves again, but nothing changes. There are still 4 valves over 7 heating without need when one radiator in other room requires heating.
It seems that v197 reintroduced this bug solved by 193.
Reading the french forums it seems that this bug happens in some cases.
I will try to remove/reinsert all batteries
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Same with me.

Valves got upgraded to FW 73 yesterday, and one does not close at all. Overheating like hell again:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-21 um 11.18.15.JPG
Yesterday I got it fixed by calibration, problem occured again in the afternoon. Today I did not run re-calibrate and opened a ticket - in the hope support starts working on it before my badthroom melts :shock:

-Markus
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Did you checked this by hands? Is there radiators were hot during that time when graphs show zero power for that radiators?

Why I ask? Because this can happen during sunny days due to accumulation of warm by house's roof and walls. Therefore sun provides additional heat that can be enough to support constant temperature inside and even can slightly increase the temperature.

Please look at my real example:
I found that room of my neighbor's house (that have only Netatmo Thermostat without valves) becomes warmer in the sunny days even when boiler is turned off:
joxi_screenshot_1542796432037 (1).png
Currently this house stays in antifreeze mode on +12 degrees level.
Outside temperature was around -5 degrees in the day of this example:
joxi_screenshot_1542796708514.png
So you can see visible correlation between changes of outside and inside tempertures in spite of difference about 15 degrees between inside and outside temperatures. This effect happens in sunny days only. So, it cannot be due to incorrect working of Netatmo system, because this effect is absent in the days without sun.
Last edited by stanikuz on 21 Nov 2018, 18:21, edited 2 times in total.
Stan Kuznetsov
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

No sun here these days.

Radiator is hot, due to valve not closing. I had this last year, it mostly worked for the old FW, but FW 73 that was applied yesterday basically broke it completely.

I've been to all those WD40 recommendations. I saw in the French forum to take out batteries and run a calibration. I did this and it fixed things until the valve needed to open again and consequently failed to close at 16:00:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-21 um 17.37.39.JPG
"Good" news is, that after that exercise the valve seems to be only open 30% as the radiator is not hot but warm. But still it raises temp in the room.

I wanted to wait for support before I act, but - as expected - no reaction on their side.

-Markus
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

mdillmann wrote:No sun here these days.

Radiator is hot, due to valve not closing. I had this last year, it mostly worked for the old FW, but FW 73 that was applied yesterday basically broke it completely.

I've been to all those WD40 recommendations. I saw in the French forum to take out batteries and run a calibration. I did this and it fixed things until the valve needed to open again and consequently failed to close at 16:00:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-21 um 17.37.39.JPG
"Good" news is, that after that exercise the valve seems to be only open 30% as the radiator is not hot but warm. But still it raises temp in the room.

I wanted to wait for support before I act, but - as expected - no reaction on their side.

-Markus
Did you try to exchage Netatmo valves between each other (and then make corresponding changes in the configuration)? By this way you could understand where problem is: in certain Netatmo's valve or in certain radiator's valve.
Stan Kuznetsov

Return to “General questions”