True Temperature not working

frykvall

True Temperature not working

Post by frykvall »

Hi,

My valves is at firmware 73 and the true temperature offset does not seem to be working as it should. I have my temperature set to 21 on all valves and have disabled the schedule so it's heating all the time. This is pretty much consistent on all valves but just to give you an example. Right now one of the valves reports 20.9 in indoor temperature, 21 as setpoint and 71% heating power. But, one of my Netatmo indoor sensors reports 19.9 instead. So if I use the True Temperature and adjust the valve to 19.9 instead it opens up and I can see that the heating power reaches 100% until the "new" 21 is reached. Then it gradually adjust the heating power down but still thinks it's 21 degrees. Except it isn't . The indoor temperature in the indoor sensor starts to fall again to ~20 degrees, but the valve still thinks it 21. I don't know how many times I have adjusted the True Temperature but the outcome is still the same.

Is it anyone else that have the same problem or are your valve temp the same as an external thermometer when you have used true temperature?

The following is just an example. The valve temperature is pretty much consistent all the time but the indoor temperature falls gradually. The room is to the north, has pretty much no sun and I live in the north of Sweden, i.e. winter right now.
temp.JPG
therm.JPG
therm.JPG (14.03 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
samox86

Re: True Temperature not working

Post by samox86 »

hello,
I have the same problem since this winter started. Last year I modify offset (real temp=21*C, shown temp=23*C) and it last till the winter end when I adjust it for summer period (real temp 24*C, shown 22*C).
This year, I have to adjust all my valves every day. I have a mercury thermometer in 1 room and netatmo meteostation in other 2 rooms. The same problem in all rooms. Also I have a speech with my friend today who is using valves too and confirmed that he is unable to permanently set true temp.
please provide more info if valve is automatically re-calibrated every day and if this option can be switched off till problem fixed.
feature request: valves should take temp info from weather station, it's not affected by closely located radiator.
Thanks
frykvall

Post by frykvall »

samox86 wrote:hello,
I have the same problem since this winter started. Last year I modify offset (real temp=21*C, shown temp=23*C) and it last till the winter end when I adjust it for summer period (real temp 24*C, shown 22*C).
This year, I have to adjust all my valves every day. I have a mercury thermometer in 1 room and netatmo meteostation in other 2 rooms. The same problem in all rooms. Also I have a speech with my friend today who is using valves too and confirmed that he is unable to permanently set true temp.
please provide more info if valve is automatically re-calibrated every day and if this option can be switched off till problem fixed.
feature request: valves should take temp info from weather station, it's not affected by closely located radiator.
Thanks
In a way I'm glad I'm not the only one, but on the other hand not since it looks like a bigger problem then. Have you talked to the Netatmo support about the issue?
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

me too. I've the same problem. I suppose it somehow related to thread "Valve temperature stuck". that up to now seems a problem with no solution.
gbragante

Post by gbragante »

I have the same problem, the temperature detected by the valve is almost flat.
I have tried adjusting it several time but is stays more or less at the value that I set.
It seems that this adjustments are breaking the ability of the valve to detect temperature changes.
Anybody know if it is possible to reset the adjustments? Or reset the valve?
Tommaso Florino

I contacted the support. they said to remove batteries for at least 1 minute. This should reset adjustments and predictions... tried already. not worked.Now waiting for another answer. in any case , this forum doesn't seem to much monitored, so I suggest everyone to open a ticket
frykvall

Post by frykvall »

I already contacted the support but haven't gotten any reply. And the more I read about the valves the more I'm thinking about returning them due to product fault.
mooncusz

Post by mooncusz »

Hi all,

this is the same problem like problem with temperature stuck:

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php ... 1&start=80
Tommaso Florino

mooncusz wrote:Hi all,

yes. I suppose it is. but also the Temperature stuck has no solution yet. What I know is that last year I had no problem at all, so it is a software issue not an hardware issue
Last edited by Tommaso Florino on 16 Dec 2018, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
frykvall

Post by frykvall »

mooncusz wrote:Hi all,

Yes now when I have read the whole thread I'm willing to say the same. But I guess in my case the sensor stops measuring correctly and think it's warmer inside than it is. It's definitely not overheating the house, more the opposite.

Return to “General questions”