Valve and thermostat in same room?

euroben

Valve and thermostat in same room?

Post by euroben » 03 Dec 2018, 16:16

Hi,
I currently have the thermostat on the upstairs landing where there is no radiator but heat comes from downstairs and also the bathroom and bedrooms. It seemed like a good place in the middle of the house with an average temp. Now I have installed radiator valves to the rooms but there is no radiator where the thermostat is. Should I move the thermostat to a room with a radiator and a valve for the system to have different setpoints in each room? Or is it better on the landing where there is no radiator valve?

Mrsv

Re: Valve and thermostat in same room?

Post by Mrsv » 11 Dec 2018, 11:43

If you installed valves on each radiators is better then younput thermostat in a room with radiator. When the firmware of the relé, thermostat and valves is up to date, you are able to control every single radiator. You have to put operation mode in comfort mode and not in eco mode. (House option).

Blusa

Post by Blusa » 28 Dec 2018, 17:29

But could it happen that the thermostat turns on the boiler while all valves are closed (also the one in the same room of the thermostat) if temperature measured by thermostat and valve is different?

tomschwarz

Post by tomschwarz » 10 Jan 2019, 01:30

Right. I understand. The way the system works best is with the thermostat (which seems to be required) is set to a very low temperature. Then the beauty of the system, even though you have only one boiler, any room can turn it on based on the temperature at the smart valve. And then that hot water from the boiler will only flow to the room with the valve(s) that requested the heat because all the other smart valves are turned off.

Dr.Fix

Post by Dr.Fix » 28 Sep 2019, 19:14

I have a valve and the thernostat in the same room, but in the Energy app I can only see the Thermostat temperature.

Is that normal? If I enter in 'room' page I correctly see the two devices (but no temps are showing there).

Return to “General questions”