The updated 'True temperature' feature

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
stanikuz

The updated 'True temperature' feature

Post by stanikuz »

v197 (Relay) / v71 (Thermostat) / v73 (Valves) - November 20th, 2018
- [Valves only] More intuitive 'True temperature" feature, to be able to choose the displayed temperature that better represents the room temperature
To Netatmo (Brieuc):

How the new version of the 'True temperature" feature is work without tuning for 2 modes "when radiators are hot" and "when radiators are cold" that were available in previous versions?

Possibly your developers use machine learning algorithm which learns every time when user adjust values for True Temperature and this algorithm understands that user made such adjustments when radiators were hot or cold? Or ths algoritm is not so smart and it just ignores all previous adjustments of the True Temperature?
Last edited by stanikuz on 20 Nov 2018, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Updated 'True temperature" feature

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Answer #1: the software knows if the radiator is hot or cold when the setting is applied :)
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
stanikuz

Re: Updated 'True temperature" feature

Post by stanikuz »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
Answer #1: the software knows if the radiator is hot or cold when the setting is applied :)
It is very good news! So, if I understood correctly, the system can learn True Temperture adjustments for both conditions of radiators independently.
I suppose you could even add it to release note, if you wish, because it it is important enough for us.

So, I would like to dig deeper :) and ask 2 additional questions:

1. Does this algorithm taking into account only two conditions of the valves (opened / closed) or it considers even 'partly opened' condition (as I noticed, last several versions of the firmware to be able to open and close valves partially for more precise controlling by radiators and for less power consuming of the valves' batteries)?

2. Does it make to do adjustments several or more times (in cases of noticable differences between true and previously tuned temperature) to provide to the system some additional knowledges about physical characteristics of the room? For example, the correction for the true temperature may have different values depending of (i.e. it not only from valves condition):
  • the temperature in the room or/and outside temperture,
  • the temperature of circulated water inside of radiators,
  • how long the valve was opened / closed,
  • and etc.
Last edited by stanikuz on 22 Nov 2018, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Kuznetsov
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: The updated 'True temperature' feature

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
1. It only depends on the temperature measured by both sensors of the Valve.
2. I suggest not to apply more than one adjustement by day, and to observe the result. Otherwise it can confuse the all system.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Meky

Post by Meky »

Hi, I'm very new to Netatmo products. One day my thermostat and valves were not reachable and I was probably too unpatient and "restarted" one of the valves with removing the battery. Valve was reset and temperature was off. I wanted to set the "true temperature" as before - with hot and cold radiators but it was changed. Now I cannot get the temperature right :( Any help? :)
psilva

Post by psilva »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
1. It only depends on the temperature measured by both sensors of the Valve.
2. I suggest not to apply more than one adjustement by day, and to observe the result. Otherwise it can confuse the all system.
Have a nice day!
Hi,

How can I "reset" the True Temperature setting?
By removing the batteries of the valve?

Is the Thermostat also affected by the "True Temperature" setting?

Thank you!
Meky

Post by Meky »

Still doesn't work. It really sucks. I wish they return the old way of setting. Today another failed attempt to make it right. I have removed the valve, the room, dismantlet the valve, removed bateries and isntalled it again. After that with my heating cool I set temperature to match room temperature. Now, while heating I'm again 2 °C off...
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Meky wrote:Still doesn't work. It really sucks. I wish they return the old way of setting. Today another failed attempt to make it right. I have removed the valve, the room, dismantlet the valve, removed bateries and isntalled it again. After that with my heating cool I set temperature to match room temperature. Now, while heating I'm again 2 °C off...
You need to set True Temperature several time during few days. Also, it is necessary to set the True Temperature for turned radiators off and on (for both conditions).
You were not necessary to re-install the valve.
Stan Kuznetsov
Meky

Post by Meky »

stanikuz wrote:
Meky wrote:Still doesn't work. It really sucks. I wish they return the old way of setting. Today another failed attempt to make it right. I have removed the valve, the room, dismantlet the valve, removed bateries and isntalled it again. After that with my heating cool I set temperature to match room temperature. Now, while heating I'm again 2 °C off...
You need to set True Temperature several time during few days. Also, it is necessary to set the True Temperature for turned radiators off and on (for both conditions).
You were not necessary to re-install the valve.
Tried that several times...
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Let's try more. As me ))
I got good stability for one of my rooms. For another rooms I have not so good results, but I see that it works better than before the new true Temperature feature started (when it had two options: for cold radiators and for hot radiators).
Stan Kuznetsov

Return to “General questions”