Here we go again !!! No server response ...

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Emmanuel

Re: Here we go again !!! No server response ...

Post by Emmanuel »

It's slowly recovering, at 10 am (GMT+2), I get 6 hours old data (4 am).
neilmcgillivray

Post by neilmcgillivray »

Devices are still feeding data out - getting rain alerts. No info getting fed from api back to app though.
NilsBlix

Post by NilsBlix »

Still not working in Spain
cesco

Post by cesco »

Web data is slowly populating (from 0:20 got to 6:00 AM) but Weather Station app on smartphone still reports main module disconnected
arnea

Post by arnea »

No working in Norway yet
Geroldswil

Post by Geroldswil »

I'm wondering if the safety related services from this company have the same reliability and reaction time...
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

Finally...after almost 12 hours of no data...I'm only now getting a notice that the servers are undergoing maintenance. That's on my iOS devices. On the website am getting a pop-up telling me to download the setup wizard for Mac.

Thank god I've been a Netatmo user for years and thus know enough not to bother going into deep troubleshooting if I can unplug the main module and get 3 blinks upon reconnecting. And I also know to check the forum to see if others are having problems. I pity a new user who is naive about Netatmo's server problem history.

Why is it so damn difficult for Netatmo to let users know they're having server problems? This is entirely unacceptable!!

EDIT (5:18am US EDT) : So now am getting data populating the iOS interface, but still 3 hours behind. And the website still giving the pop-up (which can't be dismissed)
Last edited by Una Real on 07 May 2019, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
mbeck

Post by mbeck »

I have the same problem. The setup wizard dialog appears, because of the fact that there is no linkage between my account and any netatmo device anymore. I hope they will restore/backup my settings and my linkage to the station.
cesco

Post by cesco »

Una Real wrote: 07 May 2019, 11:13 Finally...after almost 12 hours of no data...I'm only now getting a notice that the servers are undergoing maintenance. That's on my iOS devices. On the website am getting a pop-up telling me to download the setup wizard for Mac.

Thank god I've been a Netatmo user for years and thus know enough not to bother going into deep troubleshooting if I can unplug the main module and get 3 blinks upon reconnecting. And I also know to check the forum to see if others are having problems. I pity a new user who is naive about Netatmo's server problem history.

Why is it so damn difficult for Netatmo to let users know they're having server problems? This is entirely unacceptable!!
I must agree on this one. I'm a long time user and still remember the first time I had problems I panicked, believing the problem was on my side. Until I found this forum and noticed people having the same problem as mine. It's correct to inform the user ASAP when there's a problem server side, in one way or another. Maybe with a SERVER STATUS page.
espen

Post by espen »

Una Real wrote: 07 May 2019, 11:13 Why is it so damn difficult for Netatmo to let users know they're having server problems? This is entirely unacceptable!!
Yes. The quality of a product or a service really is measured in how an anomaly is handled. Seems to me proper feedback via apps or web interface is completely missing.

Return to “General questions”