turboTEC plus VUW 202/3-5 Netatmo Installation

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
Betacart

turboTEC plus VUW 202/3-5 Netatmo Installation

Post by Betacart »

Hi,

I am thinking about fitting my boiler with Netatmo environment and I read lots of topics regarding installation, but I am still little bit confused.
This is connection of actual thermostat in living room done by original Vaillant calorMATIC VRT-330:
IMG_1609.jpg
IMG_1609.jpg (42.95 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

And this is connection in bolier itself (be noted, that wire colours changed, but these wires belongs each other):
IMG_1611.jpg
IMG_1611.jpg (417.04 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

My plan was to use original wires from VRT, but I see connection in boiler and it is connected to pins 7, 8, 9, what I undertand, are 24V ports:
01.jpg
01.jpg (199.37 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

So, my question is:
- can I use these wires from old thermostat and leave them connected to 7, 8, 9 and just mount Netatmo thermostat to original thermostat wires (which ones? they are 3)?
- or should I disconnect 7, 8, 9 from boiler and add new cables to power and connect relays to pins 3 and 4 after I remove red bridge?

Thanks a lot for your good job replying all askers before me!
Jirka
GEORGzer

Re: turboTEC plus VUW 202/3-5 Netatmo Installation

Post by GEORGzer »

Terminals 7-8-9 are only suited for use with a Vailant controller. They use some weird voltage changing pattern depending on the room temperature.

I‘d suggest to remove the bridge bewteen 3-4 and connect teh Relais‘ black and grey wires instead. Also add the broww wire to L and the blue one to N.
This way you can place the Thermostat wherever you like.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

Hi,

thank you for quick reply! For correct work, it will be better to remove old thermostat from Vaillant, so they want affect each other, right?
If I connect realys to 3-4 and to L-N, it is connected with Netatmo thermostat by...? Wi-Fi, BT or..? I am asking because of signal coverage.
And one more thing. Is it possible to use only relay for boilder and smart valves only without thermostat? I read, that with recent firmware update to valves, they can operate boiler directly. And I don't need to know room temperature from thermostat or operate tempereature by it - it is enough to operate using app - schedule - valves only. But I am not sure, wether thermostat is mandatory in this kind of installation and I need it?

Thanks!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

It depends if your current controller also manages the hot water function or not, because you will still need that.
Relais and Thermostat connect via a radio signal (internal standard).

For the valves to controll your boiler, they need the Relais that comes with the thermostat, the one that comes with the valve-starter-pack isn't capable of controlling a boiler. And by default, this one includes the thermostat.
You don't "have to" use it, but you will get better results if you use it in your biggest room.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

Hi

thank you. I was expecting, that it needs to be used as well. My boiler not schedules warm water in any way - it warms it anytime it is needed. So, controller also not affect this. OK, so, I will use it in config you recommend and disconnect old thermostat.
Thank you, hope everything will work fine then. Have a nice weekned!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

Hi,

I have one more, additional, question. Can I use wires from Vaillant thermostat, which are shown on pictures, reconnect them to pins 3-4 (from 7-8-9 port) and connect thermostat to 2 of them on the wall in the living room? Can this installation also control boiler? I am not able to determine, what is difference. Because according this steps (https://www.netatmo.com/en-gb/energy/th ... stallation), this should be my case. But, I am not sure, if relays needs to be connected physically on the boiler side to pins 3-4 or through thermostat wirelesly with preserving bolier controlling. Can you, please, clarify also this?

Anyway, thank you in advance.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes you can do that if those wires are standard 1,5mm in diameter, because of the 230V. But it looks like they are.
The Relais also needs to be installed with the wall-plug somewhere in range.

Not a Netatmo employee
Betacart

Post by Betacart »

OK, wires should be no problem, thanks a lot!
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”