Set point graph week view differs from day view

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
palmercr

Set point graph week view differs from day view

Post by palmercr » 11 Aug 2019, 12:12

Had the thermostat installed for only a couple of days. When I look at the graph on the web in the day view the orange line matches my schedule but when I switch to week view it has completely different temperature transitions at different times that don't seem to match reality.
day.PNG
day.PNG (13.22 KiB) Viewed 70 times
week.PNG
week.PNG (8.19 KiB) Viewed 70 times
My schedule is simple, 19C from 8AM to 11PM and 16C for the rest of the time. The week view shows it going to 16.9C at 6AM, then 19.6C at 9AM, 19 at 12PM and then 18C at 9PM, 16C at midnight. I.e. a completely different schedule. I do have the mode set to adaptive but as the temperature in the house is above the setpoint the boiler has never needed to come on yet.

Why is the week view totally different from the day views and totally different from my schedule? Is it somebody else's?

palmercr

Re: Set point graph week view differs from day view

Post by palmercr » 11 Aug 2019, 13:27

I think it must be sampling every 3 hours and filtering, so it gives an inaccurate representation. Instead of a single transition at 8AM you see a smaller one at 6AM larger one at 9AM. There is even overshoot from the filer on Saturday morning. Bonkers because the screen resolution allows a much better representation of the setpoint in the week view. It doesn't need to be decimated and reconstructed with a filter. Simply sampling at screen pixel resolution would show the correct transitions.

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”