Replacing Drayton SCR with Netatmo Relay - Vaillant 831 Plus

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
Jaunty

Replacing Drayton SCR with Netatmo Relay - Vaillant 831 Plus

Post by Jaunty »

I have a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831 Combi Boiler. A Drayton SCR is connected for the heating only. I have a Netatmo thermostat to hopefully replace it with.

The internal boiler wiring picture looks fairly tight, and the boiler access is not the best as it is tucked in to the (insulated/boarded) loft eaves. Pic of wiring attached and external of SCR.

I don't have an internal picture of the SCR internal wiring yet, but rather than mess with the wiring in the boiler can I in theory just get a small junction box to connect the existing wiring to the Netatmo Relay? Will be a lot easier.

If the answer is yes I will unscrew the Drayton SCR and take a pic of the wiring and report back here if it is not absolutely crystal clear what I need to connect to what.

Thanks for any input!
Attachments
1 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg (423.55 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
1 (1).jpg
1 (1).jpg (402.42 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (419.89 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
GEORGzer

Re: Replacing Drayton SCR with Netatmo Relay - Vaillant 831 Plus

Post by GEORGzer »

Assuming the cable on the top of your second picture (5 wires) is the one going to your current thermostat, disconnect all those wires and connect the Netatmo Relais‘ brown wire to „L“, blue wire to „N“, black wire to „3“ and grey wire to „4“.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Jaunty

Post by Jaunty »

Thanks for the reply! I’ll take another look and report back.
Jaunty

Post by Jaunty »

GEORGzer finally got around to this tonight and success all round, thank you very much. App set up on iPhone and Apple Homekit also connected. FYI anyone else setting up - the set up video on the website doesn't say you have to press and hold the relay until the light flashes on it, which is what I needed to do. It does say it somewhere else).

(PS Is the PC set up more programmable than the iOS one? Is it worth setting up, or just let it learn how we use it over time?)
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

I personally prefere managing my schedules in the web-app, but functionality should be the same
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”