Outdoor Siren

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Teamtaylor84

Outdoor Siren

Post by Teamtaylor84 »

I see you’ve recently released an indoor siren for use with the indoor camera. It apparently features function of being able to sound the alarm manually. Can this be used independently? For example I have the outdoor camera but not indoor but would be useful if after receiving an alert from my presence and see someone suspicious I could manually activate the indoor siren to scare them off.

If this is not possible is there any plans for an outdoor siren that can be used for this?
NathObeaN

Re: Outdoor Siren

Post by NathObeaN »

Hi Teamtaylor84,

Yes, the Indoor siren can be activated manually from within the app. You can also manually activate pre-recorded sounds such as a dog barking, baby crying or hoover. Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically trigger an alarm or sound based on any activity from a presence camera. The only automation is siren trigger either by the indoor camera or a window/door sensor (no way to automatically trigger any of the other sounds). Past that, unfortunately there is no outdoor siren.

An outdoor siren however is something I would really, really like. @Netatmo, if you're reading, please consider one (or all!) of the following:

1. An outdoor siren that can connect to an indoor camera as the base unit via a wireless extender to achieve required signal strength (that can be triggered automatically via indoor camera/sensors).
2. An outdoor siren that can somehow be connected directly to presence (not sure if the technology exists within the unit to achieve this), (that can be triggered automatically via indoor camera/sensors).
3. A new outdoor camera with integrated siren (that can be triggered automatically via indoor camera/sensors).
NathObeaN

Post by NathObeaN »

@Netatmo, this post is now over a year old and no one has responded. This is really poor. You've since released an outdoor camera with an integrated siren but it still cannot be linked to any other product (indoor camera) and in that, cannot be triggered automatically. The main reason people have security systems is to secure their home when they are not able to keep an eye on things. What is the point in having a siren that can ONLY be triggered by the user sending the command manually. These are seemingly insignificant software updates that would make a world of difference to usability and security effectiveness.

Anyone?
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

NathObeaN wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 13:02 @Netatmo, this post is now over a year old and no one has responded. This is really poor. You've since released an outdoor camera with an integrated siren but it still cannot be linked to any other product (indoor camera) and in that, cannot be triggered automatically. The main reason people have security systems is to secure their home when they are not able to keep an eye on things. What is the point in having a siren that can ONLY be triggered by the user sending the command manually. These are seemingly insignificant software updates that would make a world of difference to usability and security effectiveness.

Anyone?
Welcome to Netatmo, unfortunately support used to be very good a few years back, they got bought out and now I don't think they even look at the forums anymore (just look at any post for an admin response). Thankfully I've managed to sort most issues myself, and I'm still grateful the product is subscription free, so maybe this is a side affect of that?

Return to “General Questions”