Bosch Europur ZWBE 35-3A

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
dakurtoglu

Bosch Europur ZWBE 35-3A

Post by dakurtoglu »

Hello dearest helpful people.

I have trouble trying to identify the right terminal to use for the dreaded black grey cables. I have tried Lr Ls, and also B terminals, both without success.

See picture of the insides below.
C472CE35-D7A1-4B67-ADF4-B075C52121DB.jpeg
C472CE35-D7A1-4B67-ADF4-B075C52121DB.jpeg (98.75 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
GEORGzer

Re: Bosch Europur ZWBE 35-3A

Post by GEORGzer »

If you remove the bridge between LR and LS, your boiler should not turn on. Connect the Netatmo Relais‘ black and grey wires to LR and LS, and add the blue wire to the N ands the brown wire to the L terminal.

Usually you have to set the boiler itself to „on“ or „heat“ or something like that and the thermostat will switch it on and off.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
dakurtoglu

Post by dakurtoglu »

Yes I did as you described.

And.. Well, as a wise orange man once said: “sounds good, doesn’t work”
The boiler turns on and off as if the netatmo relay isn’t there. Temperature targets don’t seem to be adhered to. It simply doesn’t control the boiler.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

dakurtoglu wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 13:44 The boiler turns on and off as if the netatmo relay isn’t there.
Your mean when you manually turn it on and off or does another type of timer/thermostat control the boiler?
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
dakurtoglu

Post by dakurtoglu »

There is no other thermostat installed, well, as with all Bosch boilers there are turnknobs that control radiator and hot water (shower etc). It just seems that the boiler still adheres to these turnknobs but not netatmo settings
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Thank you for clarifying.
I would try the following to determinate if your Netatmo Thermostat might be defective or not.

Put everything back as it was before, including the bridge between the LS and LR terminals. Switch on your boiler using the turn-knobs, make sure it fires up.
Turn off the power, using the circuit breaker. Remove the bridge between LS and LR and turn the circuit breaker back on.
If your boiler stays off, then your Netatmo Thermostat isn't working properly and you need to contag support for a replacement.

If your boiler fires up again then something is "overwriting" external controls and we need to take a closer look at the boiler settings.
I can only find danish manuals to this boiler, but usually all Bosch boilers work pretty much the same.

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”