Energy: Temperature rounded

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
fabiocbr75

Energy: Temperature rounded

Post by fabiocbr75 »

Hi,
I use homestatus API to receive current room temperature (Valve Temperature).
In the room JSON structure into the therm_measured_temperature field, there is always temperature rounded to 0.5 like 19.5 - 20.0 - 20.5 etc... but in the documentation (https://dev.netatmo.com/resources/techn ... homestatus) in the example, there is 25.3.
If I use the Getroommeasure API I receive the right value like 19.6 - 19.7 etc... but I need to receive the realtime data and not the history data.

Is the homestatus temperature rounded is a bug or there is some params to receive the right value?

Thanks
Fabio
max@mo

Re: Energy: Temperature rounded

Post by max@mo »

Same here ! Any hints to solve it ?!
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

FWIW - I use Homestatus to receive data from my two Netatmo thermostats (I don't have any Netatmo valves) - and the 'therm_measured_temperature' isn't rounded.

I use the undocumented? 'syncthermstate' call, to make sure the data is up to date - I don't know if that has any influence on what's returned?
max@mo

Post by max@mo »

Yes I can confirm.
In the thermostats case the therm_measured_temperature value isn't rounded. It happens only to the valve values and, as Fabio wrote, just to homestatus call. 'getroommeasure' show right values both for themostat and valve.

@PhilHornby: somethings more about the 'syncthermstate' call ?
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

max@mo wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 09:00@PhilHornby: somethings more about the 'syncthermstate' call ?
It takes parameters of 'access_token','device_id' & 'module_id'. In my case, device_id and module_id are the same, and identify the relay.

The return is just 'status', 'time_exec' and 'time_server' - though with any luck, it makes the Relay upload the latest temperature reading...

I noticed this call, when tracing how the Netatmo web client works. Whether it still works the same as it did in late 2016, is anyone's guess ;)
max@mo

Post by max@mo »

Thanks PhilHornby,
The syncthermstate workaround keep Getroommeasure data updated within the last 10 min time window.

Return to “Netatmo API”