junkers cerapur zbw 24-1 and netatmo not working. Any solution?

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
alegabby

junkers cerapur zbw 24-1 and netatmo not working. Any solution?

Post by alegabby »

Hello everyone. I have just purchased a netatmo thermostat and following the manual I have installed it on my boiler using the LS and LR contacts directly on the boiler motherboard.
model junkers cerapur zbw 24-1 (external)
The boiler is controlled by a TF 25 control unit with otm3 module and on the manual of the boiler it is reported that in order to to install an external chronothermostat(on-off) I shoulad conncet it to the two terminals ls/lr.

Nevertheless, as soon as i givethe ignition signal, the relè start but nothing happens to the boiler.

Has anyone had experience with this boiler?
GEORGzer

Re: junkers cerapur zbw 24-1 and netatmo not working. Any solution?

Post by GEORGzer »

According to manual the "junkers cerapur zwb 24-1" is only compatible with a junkers controller. Sorry.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
alegabby

Post by alegabby »

Thank you,
I was wondering why it is then listed in the compatibiliy list
https://check.netatmo.com/en-us/energy/ ... oilermodel
junkers cerapur balcony (that actually is my boiler)
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Well a Cerapur Balcony is a total different boiler and should be compatible ;)

You can try the following to rule out a defective Netatmo Relais:
Switch off the power and place a bridge cable between LS and LR. Switch the power back on, if the boiler starts then there is something wrong with your Netatmo device and you should contact support directly.

If the boiler doesn’t ignite then there are perhaps settings to be changed. Normally they just need to be switched on, using the turn nobs.

I only managed to find a Italian manual so far.
http://www.igelsomini.it/Documents/Inst ... _24_28.pdf
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
alegabby

Post by alegabby »

Thanks for the kind answer!
Just to be clear... my boiler Is a junkers cerapur balcony/incasso that Is Aldo known as cerapur zwb 24-1 AI.
The manual Is exactely what i have at home... So i am Little puzzled now...Is It compatibile or not?

A bridge was already present between ls and lr.
So the test you were proposing Is to turn of the boiler, put the bridge and then turn It on?

In this case the boiler starts only if I use the internal tf25 panel
alegabby

Post by alegabby »

Ok...I have done as suggested.
I removed the originale tf25 controller (the thermostat natively provider with the junkers boiler) then i put a bridge between ls and lr and as soon as I turn on the general Power switch the boiler starts ... And then It never turns off... I think this Is correct since the bridge is a kind of "Always on" switch...right?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes you are correct.
This means if you replace the bridge with the grey and black wires of the Netatmo Thermostat Relais (which way is not important), it should be able to control you boiler.

If you do so and you also correctly wire the brown and blue wires to a power source and your boiler still won‘t turn on, then I‘m affraid your Netatmo Relais is defective und you need to contact support fo a replacement.

Not a Netatmo employee
alegabby

Post by alegabby »

Thanks a loro, I Will tell you of It works...
Really thank you for your supporto, i really appreciate
alegabby

Post by alegabby »

Just to give a feedback for other users. I have succesfully installed the netatmo on a junkers cerapur balcony zwb 24-1 ai. The relè Is connected on ls/lr while the tf25 controller have to be set on 30 degree-continous.
This Is a default setting for junkers boiler when you use and external on-off thermostat, otherwise It won't work
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

;)

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”