New NETATMO API Weather - Web-APP for Raspberry touch screen

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
gulivert

New NETATMO API Weather - Web-APP for Raspberry touch screen

Post by gulivert »

Hi everyone, Bonjour tout le monde,

I developed, for my personal used, an application to read my Netatmo Weather Station data from Netatmo API to a touch screen running on a raspberry pi.
This app start to be usable for a larger public then I was asking myself if some people here will be interested to have an access.

So now I come to you to ask you, would you have any interested for this application ?
If it is a the case I will maybe plane to deploy it on a public server.

Description of the application
  • Web APP specially design and optimized to run on a Raspberry PI 3 with the official Raspberry touch screen 7"
  • Netatmo API support
  • Swiss Weather forecast API support
  • Webcams Travel API support
  • Google Calendar API support
For a public version I have to rework some part of the application
  • First I should replace or add OpenWeather API support in replacement of Swiss Weather API to have multi countries forecast
  • Remove Google Calendar support -> My current implementation of this is not good enough for public used
  • Multi-languages FR and EN
Future possible evolution of this application
  • Desktop support for larger screen
  • Mobile support as a PWA application
In case of any interest could you also tell me if you will be ready to paye an annual charge to get this application alive and evolving ? Not a lot but maybe something as 5$ per year.

Here is some screenshots and a video

https://gulivert.ch/cbscreen-preview/cb ... ew_001.mp4

Regards
TheWeatherGirls

Re: New NETATMO API Weather - Web-APP for Raspberry touch sc

Post by TheWeatherGirls »

Salut,

J'adores l'idée et j'aimerais beaucoup en disposer surtout que j'ai des raspberry qui trainent.

Pourquoi ne pas mettre le code en open source pour que la communauté face vivre la solution ? Pour rester dans l'esprit de la bidouille DIY sur Raspberry Pi.

Ça n'empêche pas de vendre la solution, exemple payer pour accéder à un fichier .IMG prêt a utiliser juste a flasher sa carte sd avec.

Perso, je préfère payer une fois pour toute que partir sur un abonnement. A limite, proposer un système de mise a jour payante ou de plugins / UI supplémentaire
gulivert

Post by gulivert »

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre réponse. N'ayant pas eu de réponse sur ce forum je n'avais pas fait suivre mais un repo Github contient les sources de l'application de base sans le module Swiss Weather (remplacé par DarkSky), sans le module calendrier lié à Google API et sans le module Webcam.

Voici le repo : https://github.com/Gulivertx/cbatmo
Je n'ai pas terminé la documentation surtout pour le déploiement sur le Raspberry en mode Kiosk et uniquement installé avec Wayland / Weston / Webkit GTK pour affiché l'application avec le max de perf.

J'ai également repéré un deux bugs que je n'ai pas non plu eu le temps de corriger, trop de requête sur le serveur DarkSky API (je n'ai pas encore isolé le problème également...)

EDIT: J'ai également, pour la mise en ligne sur github, mis l'application uniquement en anglais, le support du français est prévu.
gulivert

Post by gulivert »

Pour information j'ai fait une mise à jour pour fixer les quelques bugs que j'avais si et là repéré. J'en ai profité pour reprendre de la station netatmo les latitudes et longitudes pour les prévisions météo qui viennent de Darksky.
Prochain step localiser l'application en FR selon réglage retouné par Netatmo
gulivert

Post by gulivert »

Greetings to all, Bonjour tout le monde,

If you have any interst of this project, you will find a new version 2.0.0 on the github master branch with a lot of improvments !
  • Modules are now detected dynamically (CSS still not adapted)
    New charts and ability to see charts for any values and not only temperature as the previous version
    Bind all Netatmo account configuration to see your used unit for value and to fetch correct value in Darksky API
    If a module is unavailable for any reason, the app will not crash anymore but give you a feedback of the problem
Si vous avez un intérêt pour ce projet, vous trouverez une nouvelle version 2.0.0 sur la branch master du github avec beaucoup d'améliorations !
  • Détection des modules dynamiquement (le CSS n'est pas encore adapter)
    Nouveau graphiques ainsi que la possibilité d'afficher un graphique par valeur en cliquant sur celle-ci. Et non comme la version précédente ou uniquement les graphique de température était dispo
    Utilisation de la configuration de votre compte Netatmo pour utiliser vos unités configurées ou pour récupérer les données de l'API Darksky avec les unités correctes
    Si un module n'est pas joignable, l'app ne crash plus comme avant et affiche un message de feedback à propos du problème
I Hope someone is happy to have this update at disposal :)
J'espère que quelqu'un sera content de trouver cette mise à jour :)

ENJOY!

For more information read the README : https://github.com/Gulivertx/cbatmo
Pour plus d'information veuillez lire le README : https://github.com/Gulivertx/cbatmo

cemoi71

Re: New NETATMO API Weather - Web-APP for Raspberry touch screen

Post by cemoi71 »

@gulivert you made a nice app.
I have to question.
Would be possible for the future to have a simple installation of it for newbies?
How it is possible to make a donation? and with which service? paypal?
Wish you have good continuation
gulivert

Post by gulivert »

Hello,

Thank’s!

Currently not planned but I could do something, as there is people getting some troubles to install / deploy the app.

For donation, I subscribed to github sponsors, just waiting for approval (which I hope will do) then you will be able to make a donation. Thank’s to want to support me, that’s great.
gulivert

Post by gulivert »

Finally I will push asap a new version with an auto install script directly from the raspberry.
cemoi71

Post by cemoi71 »

great great great ! i'm curious to try it!
thank you very much for your reply
cgillinger

Post by cgillinger »

Sorry for being very late to this party! But Im currently trying to deploy the cbatmo app to my rasperry pi, but I run into some error messages. And just now I realized the repository is archived. Is anyone working on it, or something similar? What would it take to get it to work? Im not much of a programmer, but I can follow instructions, and afaik I did everything that I was supposed to - but the error messages started when I did the "yarn build" part. I think all the errors were based around one issue: "Cannot find module 'gifsicle'".

"3 ERRORS in child compilations
webpack 5.11.0 compiled with 24 errors in 24111 ms
error Command failed with exit code 1."

Im not sure if this is something hard to fix, or if its easy, but any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Netatmo API”