Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Mobileste

Re: Netatmo - HomeKit Secure Video...An Update Please?

Post by Mobileste »

Here we are in June 2022 and still no homekit secure video for the video doorbell. iOS 16 has now been announced with updates to the home app, let’s hope this doesn’t stall legrande and netatmo any further. Quite frankly, waiting nearly 3 years for a promised feature is a joke!
EmptyAir

Post by EmptyAir »

There is only one possible solution for this: Go get yourself a Logitech circle view doorbell (and replace all other Netatmo products according to your needs). I did so and this “just works” for me and others and is probably the only reliable solution.
Valo

Post by Valo »

It's been six months since I created this thread and to say I'm disappointed with the lack of a response and engagement from Netatmo would be an understatement.
I was secretly hoping with the recent update/re-write of the Security app Netatmo where laying the groundwork for the arrival of HKSV for there doorbell but it doesn't look like it.

I honestly don't see the point of these forums as I can't see anyone from Netatmo actually making an effort to engage with users, provide development updates or help with technical issues. If that statement is wrong then I apologise and I'll happily withdraw it.
It's just a place for users to gather and complain about how let down we all feel. I think we all deserve a proper answer as to what is happening with the promised development and rollout of HKSV, unfortunately enough is enough for me.
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

I agree. They do respond to emails but never give anymore information that they are working on it. 3 years and still no feature. I think it’s shocking how they can announce features, get customers buying their products because of that feature and following through with their promises
currychip

Post by currychip »

This is likely all a result of the Legrand takeover. Netatmo is now a small part of a massive company, where all communications for all sub-brands are channeled through one central Marketing department who have no interest engaging 1 on 1 for any specific product. All staff outside this department are likely forbidden from engaging or communicating anything that hasn’t been approved.
The only official comm’s on this forum are the ever rarer firmware update logs, it’s now just a venting page for frustrated users. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it shutdown in the near future, because what’s the point in having it anymore?
mpjalexander

Post by mpjalexander »

I tweeted Netatmo asking if anyone at the company actually reads this forum.

https://twitter.com/mikealexander/statu ... Ow07NB4WNw

Let’s see what they say (assuming they actually reply to my tweet)…
mpjalexander

Post by mpjalexander »

So, Netatmo did reply:
Hi Mike, The Forum was created with the intention for users to exchange their opinions with each other: bit.ly/3mYGeGe
To get in touch with the official assistance team and address major concerns, please visit our Help Center: bit.ly/3O2fTmt
Have a nice day 🙂
I followed up with:
So no-one from Netatmo looks at the forum, considers the comments made by users, nor responds in any way?
They’ve yet to respond to that.

So, it appears there’s very little point in hoping for any response whatsoever from Netatmo to comments posted anywhere on this forum.

Netatmo do respond (sort of) via Twitter, but on the subject of HKSV, it’s always the same standard answer (which actually doesn’t directly address the questions people ask). All very disappointing and means I will not purchase any more Netatmo products and will actively discourage other people from doing so.
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

Seems as though someone on twitter who is equally just as annoyed that HomeKit secure video is not being provided has started a change.org petition online

https://chng.it/WmwdY5H4dF
Peter8319

Post by Peter8319 »

Just signed it too. We will see. I don’t think so this can change something but Twitter is powerful and at least we can see numbers.

Different story, every time I am criticising recent policy of Netatmo by commenting here, I’m finding myself unable to login back, getting stuck on captcha. Probably coincident but can expect anything really…

Really wish Circle doorbell to be already available in Europe. I don’t feel like importing it or overpaying because someone is trying to make a business on lack of availability.
Valo

Post by Valo »

Just signed it too. I’m actually amazed that Netatmo are asking for volunteers to test their new Smart Lock with an Announcement pinned to the top of this forum.

I can understand a company wanting to innovate and bring new products to market but I’d much prefer they deliver on features promised first, before moving onto their next new product.

Return to “General questions”