Problems with relay

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
DJB5

Problems with relay

Post by DJB5 »

I’ve had a lot of problems with ‘Relay not reachable’ error. I had this system for around 8 years and this is my second unit since the first one failed after 3-4 years. Recently this has become permanent and although the thermostat shows appropriate temperatures, I cannot access the relay on the iPhone App. I’ve tried Wi-Fi setup, I’ve tried plugging the relay into a laptop - nothing works. When I use the iPhone App I appear to be able to set up everything correctly (I get ‘Your relay is connected to Wi-Fi message’ but I then get ‘_REGISTER_ASSOCIATE_FAIL_ERR_’ and the setup stalls.
Currently the system works autonomously but I can’t change the schedule (heating comes on in the morning despite it being summer). No response to email query.

Please help
DJB5

Re: Problems with relay

Post by DJB5 »

I seem to have fixed it myself. In the App, I deleted the thermostat and did a fresh installation. Strange but I thought that deleting the App would have had the same effect but no.

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”