Flashing green LED and unable to perform reset

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Nicksun17

Flashing green LED and unable to perform reset

Post by Nicksun17 »

Hi there first post here. Recently installed my netatmo doorbell. I’m a multi skilled tradesmen so used my electrical side and manage to bypass the need for a chime. The doorbell worked brilliantly for around 15/20 mins resting it several times. On the last test the video failed to load then the doorbell lost connection and the LED began to flash green. I did what netatmo recommend and reset my WiFi and also turned the decide off for 1 min. Still nothing. Next step to to reset and start again. Only the rest button when pushed does nothing. I plugged it into a usb and tried to reset…nothing. Then I saw in here to perform a factory reset plug it into a usb power port and wait for the green light to im go out to which it turns red and still not able to perform a reset. Any ideas? I’ve contacted netatmo and waiting a reply but by the sounds of it they could take a while. Was super happy with the device while it worked as it was awesome with my Apple TV and HomePod mini.
Thanks in advance.
Slim

Re: Flashing green LED and unable to perform reset

Post by Slim »

Hi

Did you follow the instructions on how to perform a reset correctly according to the user manual?

Steps

1.Remove the Video Doorbell from the wall mounting plate.
2.Plug your Doorbell to a powered Micro USB cable.
3.Wait for the LED to turn off or solid blue.
4.Press the reset button until the LED is solid green.
5.WARNING: Wait for the LED to glow white before unplugging the Doorbell from the Micro USB cable and then plug it back into the wall mounting plate.
6.Remove the Doorbell from your home in the Home + Security app.
7.If you are using an iOS device, remove the Doorbell from your home in the Home app.
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
Nicksun17

Post by Nicksun17 »

Just tried in those steps and when I plug it into my mac it flashes green the turns solid red. Tried to press rest button then and nothing happens. Should I put it back on the door leave it flashing green for a while then take it off and plug it in? I’ve had it off the mounting plate for a few hours now before trying this.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Strange. It should not behave as you describe it if you have followed the reset procedure correctly. Before you ask Netatmo about a replacement unit, you can check if the two fuses are in order if you have access to a multimeter. One is in the doorbell itself and the other in the unit connected to the transformer. If you have an extra micro SD card, you can also try to replace it to exclude a possible defective SD card. Allow the doorbell to completely drain for power by letting it be disconnected from the wall bracket for a few hours before attempting a new reset procedure.

Have you received any feedback from Netatmo by the way?
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
mgv1980

Post by mgv1980 »

Hello - I have exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution?
Thank you
ebenalp

Post by ebenalp »

Same problem here :-( No solution around?
Smart71

Post by Smart71 »

+1
OldFox

Post by OldFox »

Same problem (link), netatmo support told me that the device is defective and that it cannot be repaired and gave me some discount for purchasing a new doorbell.
It's unacceptable that I would be buying a doorbell worth €200 every 2 years. Considering that I am a power user who owns most of their products, I find this intolerable.
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

same here...... after not been able to connect it to my new router it now stays in the boot loop.
Netatmo just says go back to where you bought it and that is it..........

Return to “General questions”