Suggest new Window-Open Detection?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Astralix

Suggest new Window-Open Detection?

Post by Astralix »

Hi!

With energy prices shooting through the roof, I would like to suggest a new window open detection mode. Normally the radiator module detects the open window and closes the radiator valve. But after a timeout of a few minutes, it then forces the valve open again.

In our regions you may want to have your windows open all night, to compensate for the high temperatures of the day. But it may happen that on days of 32°C at noon you find 14°C at 2:00 in the morning. That is no problem if you stay below you sheets in the bed. But the Netatmo radiator thermostates try to heat up the village the whole night.

The simplest solution for me now was to set the minimum temperatur down to 12°C and activate the "Away" mode. As I only use Heating and outdoor weather, beeing away is not an issue. But if I invest in more hardware from Netatmo the whole thing will probably complicated, especially combined with Google. Currently Netatmo does not detect when Google sees me coming or leaving home. While this should be a bug, it is a feature for me now.

1: Can I set up a profile where I can be "Present" but the heating is disabled?
2: Are there window / door sensors planned that deactivate thermostates if the window or doors are open?
3: Can the outdoor weather station be used to switch schemes of Summer and Winter automatically?

Expl. for 3: If the outdoor weather station detects 24°C for more than 4h over day, it should select a "Summer" plan that shuts close all valves and sets them OFF.
May be that is to easy, so I could think about > 24°C outdoors for > 4h and rooms in the plan >= the outdoor temperature shall set the "Summer" mode.

All the best!

Return to “General questions”