Would You Recommend This Weather Station

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
dalkantrell

Would You Recommend This Weather Station

Post by dalkantrell »

So anyone that has purchased this weather station would you recommend someone to buy it in 2022?

I just ordered it from Amazon along with anemometer and the rain gauge. I am reading so many bad posts about poor connectivity issues between all of the devices and how lacking support seems to be after all of this time of this product being on the market.
dalkantrell

Re: Would You Recommend This Weather Station

Post by dalkantrell »

The silence of this forum speaks volumes.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

It works as advertised, Weather app just got a nice cosmetic update.
Regarding connectivity issues, that‘s solely up to your circumstances (building structure, interfering radio signals in the area and so on).

But therefore Amazon is a great option. Give it a try and if you have issues, just return it.
They also usually have great Netatmo „Warehouse Deals“ ;)
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

No. Too inaccurate.
biondi

Post by biondi »

Unfortunately not, at least anymore, for me. I used to recommend it, now I'm replacing the whole system - primarily for two reasons:

1) There are too many people that have these connectivity issues, including me - it's easy for those that don't have issues to say that they're wrong. I have three indoor units as well as the rain and wind devices. Connectivity is sketchy, just because one device works n meters away, doesn't mean something else will the same distance. I've no interest in going onto my phone to check the wind or temperature outside and the data is 6 hours old. The product has to work.

2) Support. A product is only as good as the support offered. All tech has (or will have at some point) issues and how the manufacturer deals with those issues is a big deal when you need it. Unfortunately, Netatmo/Le Grand come up terribly short in this department. I first started using Netatmo back in late 2012 so it's been almost 10 years for me, but the last 18 months or so has been hit and miss. Recently had a problem with the connectivity of all modules going off line for extended periods. I raised a ticket but they don't even bother to respond. Funny thing is, if they'd responded, checked stuff out and said the problems were because of my old hardware, I would have just bought new ones from them.
iceman314

Post by iceman314 »

For me works perfectly.
I recommend it!
Warren

Post by Warren »

works amazingly brilliant
Chewmull

Post by Chewmull »

Works great for me. Station, Wind, Rain, Outside and 3x-inside modules. Only complaint is the Wind mount is not really strong. I have it mounted on top of my flag pole and when winds are 25mph+ the module either blows off the mount or falls to the side, can't be tightened enough.
Pdrke

Post by Pdrke »

No. Not accurate and problems wit connection outdoor gauges - main unit. 20 meter is not so far away but do have problems. My other brand unit of 25 years old does a better job.
Laz

Post by Laz »

In this form (hardware execution, software execution, technical support), definitely NO!
The weather station is designed for plywood houses in the United States, when sensors are installed in the backyard and nothing interferes with the signal level.
In brick, concrete houses, external sensors (especially street sensors) cease to communicate with the main module literally through 1-2 walls and at a distance of more than 10 meters.
The standard mounts of the external blocks are very weak, not technically thought out.
Anemometer is poor protection against moisture.
The incredibly high cost of all modules. There's nothing inside that much for that cost. External units must be produced with external antennas, then there will be a high-quality signal at a long distance. Also make it possible to connect the remote battery unit. After all, external modules are often installed in an inconvenient place, plus a height above ground level. And the batteries quickly sit down. Therefore, a separate remote battery compartment is needed.
The price/quality ratio of this weather station is very low.... (((

Return to “General questions”