Help!how to connect the thermostat with the Daikin D2C condensing boiler?

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
canacchione

Help!how to connect the thermostat with the Daikin D2C condensing boiler?

Post by canacchione »

Good morning, I have a Netatmo system with internal station, external, rain gauge temperature sensor. Connected to each radiator I have netatmo valves. I recently replaced the boiler with a Daikin model D2C that has its own chronothermostat. With the previous boiler I had connected the netatmo thermostat on a tel function for remote management and setting the thermostat to summer in practice netatmo simply operated on of the boiler.
this function and these connections I could not find them on the daikin thermostat of which I attach the photos, I am afraid that I will be forced to connect the relay directly on the boiler and manage from there on / Off. Can anyone give me help? Thank you
Attachments
20220921_173105.jpg
20220921_173105.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 557 times
20220921_173122.jpg
20220921_173122.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 557 times
GEORGzer

Re: Help!how to connect the thermostat with the Daikin D2C condensing boiler?

Post by GEORGzer »

Assuming you didn’t disconnect the red and yellow wires in you photo, your system now seems to use a BUS connection.

You would need to check if either your new boiler setup has connectors for an analog thermostat or supports the OpenTherm protocol.

Does you Daikin D2C have any additional model number or such?
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
canacchione

Post by canacchione »

Thank you in the meantime for your reply. Maybe I explained myself badly or rather I was not complete in the description. The wires as you see them connected brown and white connect the thermostat of the daikin boiler and the model of the thermostat is what you see in the picture and it is an opentherm thermostat. The yellow and red wires are of the netatmo thermostat as I had written before they were connected on tel with the old thermostat. With the old thermostat I switched through netatmo from summer (only domestic hot water) to manual winter (turned on the thermos) simply acting on the temperature, then when it reached the desired temperature netatmo switched to summer The boiler model is D2CND024A1AA
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Now I got it, thanks 😋

I looked up the installation manual of your boiler and it supports an „ON/OFF thermostat“ as well. That one has to be connected to the K2 connector on the X2M board, see page 15, 16.

As an alternative you could get the new Netatmo Thermostat that supports OpenTherm and replace the Daikin controller entirely or get another OpernTherm Controller that has the connector for the analog thermostat, like your old one.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
canacchione

Post by canacchione »

Thank you for your reply. I know that the cheapest solution I understand is to send two wires from the netatmo station to the boiler and connect them on / off of X2m, But at this point I have a question to ask you, if I were to decide to completely replace both my old netatmo thermostat with the new opetherm and also remove its Daikin I could connect it (the new netatmo opetherm) only with the two wires I have already?
What more does the new opether netatmo do than what I already have, is it worth replacing?? Are there other thermostats from other butche that you advise me to look at? Keep in mind that I also have the valves installed on the radiators that I intend to continue to have because I am fine, as well as all the netatmo apparatus that is fantastic
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I can‘t tell you anything about other OpenTherm thermostats or what extra benefits the Netatmo OpenTherm Thermostat exactly offers since I don‘t own one.
But as far as I know, if the boiler is compatible with the OpenTherm protocol then you only need the 2 wires, yes. And then you will be able to control more functions or at least get more data from your boiler through the Netatmo OpenTherm Thermostat. But I can‘t tell you what exactly, sorry.
Maybe you should open a topic in the dedicated OpenTherm forum and ask around about the benefits.

But I do can tell you that you could connect the Valves to the Netatmo OpenTherm Thermostat exactly like to the „analog“ one, up to 20 Valves if I‘m not mistaken,

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”