Relay not working?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
phillpaige

Relay not working?

Post by phillpaige »

Hello,

Hoping someone can help. I've had my system for a couple of years and it's been rock solid, really pleased. I did a heating test in summer and all was still well and more recently, as usual, I have heard the radiator valves happily doing their own little test every could of weeks to prevent seizure.

However I've now tried to turn on my heating for the first time this year and I have an issue. The app doesn't seem to be talking to the valves. When I try and activate heating with the app nothing happens. When I use the thermostat, it fires the boiler OK but none of the valves open (I have a single non-smart valve installed for safety on a radiator and that one is getting hot OK).

Equally the app (same goes for website by the way) does not trigger calibrations.

In my mind this points to the relay. I've tried turning it off for a minute or so then back on, it connects fine (the app tells me the valves can all see the relay just fine - and *sometimes* the Identify valve works to report a number), but I still can get it to activate valves. Even when I manually set a temperature on the valves by gently clicking them, that change a) doesn't fire the boiler and b) doesn't report on the app/website.

Broken relay? I also gave the reset a try (again it setup just fine, reconnected to the wifi etc) - any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!

Return to “General questions”