Log for webhooks?

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
chrisz

Log for webhooks?

Post by chrisz »

Hi,

I am using webhooks together with FHEM. For some reason my webhooks are not received anymore and the app gets banned all the time. But my webhook https link is working fine from external. In the past there was a LOG on the dev site to see what is going on, but I do not find this funtion anymore.

How can I find out why the app is getting banned?

Thanks,

Chris
Leslie

Re: Log for webhooks?

Post by Leslie »

Hello Chris,

Indeed, we don't display logs for webhooks state/ban reason
Here are the different reasons that can lead to a ban, I advise you to check it :

- If you have exceeded the rate limits. It lasts until we arrive in the new time slot, and you can't unban it (https://dev.netatmo.com/guideline#rate-limits)
- If your IP generates more than 150 4xx errors per minute. The ban lasts 1 hour and you can't unban manually. You have to wait
- If your app doesn't respond 200 to your webhook more than 5 times in a row (timeout is set at 14 seconds). This ban lasts 24 hours and you can unban yourself on the developer portal (max 10 times in a row for 24 hours)

You could also check with a webhook uri generator like requestbin for example in order to see if the issue doesn't come from your endpoint

Have a good day,
Leslie - Community Manager
chrisz

Post by chrisz »

Hi Leslie,

thanks for the reply. I can manually unban on the developer portal. But this does not help, my app gets banned after after some time.

There are only two cameras and a weather station associated with the account and only one user (me), so I doubt it is a rate limit problem.

I don't think my IP generates any erros, or at least I would not know why.

I don't see any webhook request coming in at all in my app. It's just gets banned without any noticeable reason.

Any ideas? How can I find out what's going on?

Thanks,

Chris
chrisz

Post by chrisz »

OK, I think I found the solution. The return value OK is not enough, it seems like it has to be 200 OK.

Cheers,

Chris

Return to “Netatmo API”