You have reached the maximum number of room with products

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
graemesmith1960

Re: You have reached the maximum number of room with products

Post by graemesmith1960 »

Just bumping this back to the top. I've been waiting on the 10 room limit being removed for 3 years now :cry:
colinb

Post by colinb »

I have also been waiting for an increase on the 10 room limit. I have to keep moving valves to less used rooms to avoid heating rooms unnecessarily.

I thought it may take a few months for this to be changed but 3 years?

I don’t think this is an issue with Tado although it is a huge investment to change them out.

I am generally happy with the product but this is a big issue for anyone over the 10 room limit. I do wish it would be resolved.
rjfbuckle

Post by rjfbuckle »

any update on maximum number of rooms ?
rjfbuckle

Post by rjfbuckle »

I need more that 10 rooms please
isak

Post by isak »

Still nothing on this? :(

Buy smaller house or switch to products from other vendor is the only solution to this?
barat

Post by barat »

There is a "workaround" yet it'll cost a little.
Buy additional Relay/Thermostat and pair some of the valves with that one. It's perfectly fine to attach two relays to same boiler (i'm doing it now for ground floor and 1st floor).
As additional benefit - you can "group" valves under different relays considering, that those may need different time schedules (so you won't need to granulate time windows that much).
Managing two relays (houses) through the app is quite easy,
Still cheaper than replacing whole system ;)

From the other hand - relay allows 20 valves yet only 10 rooms is weird. Also - it's still unsolved for 5 years. It's a shame IMO
vincentp

Post by vincentp »

Hi! Can we get an update on that? I can't believe that there is a technical limitation to have more rooms...

I can probably groups thermostat in the same room within the app (suggested by brieuc) as they follow the same schedule. My only question is:
if thermostat 1 in room 1 goes below 18 degres, will it also fire thermostat 2 in room 1 (which is actually in room 2) or do they act independently even in the same room?

Return to “General questions”