New Wifi password problem

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
jdr

New Wifi password problem

Post by jdr »

Hi, just connected to a new broadband provider today, and had to use a new password. So changing every WiFi device in the house has been fine, except our 2013 smart thermostat. Followed the instructions to change the password, but it never finds the relay, always get the error message:
Searching for your product...
No devices found. Make sure that your device is powered on and connected to the Internet.

Vodafone assure me the router is set to allow devices connecting to it to automatically select the correct frequency (2.4ghz not 5)

Any suggestions please?
GEORGzer

Re: New Wifi password problem

Post by GEORGzer »

Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
jdr

Post by jdr »

Thanks. My issue started about 5 hours ago, when I was able to get on Netatmo's servers, but maybe things were starting to go wrong then...?
sergeantd83

Post by sergeantd83 »

This is on relay side issue. Unplug for one minute then plug the relay again and start the pairing procedure again. This may help.
jdr

Post by jdr »

Thanks, I'll try that once the servers are working again.
jdr

Post by jdr »

So the servers seem to be back up. But I'm still getting the error message:
Searching for your product...
No devices found. Make sure that your device is powered on and connected to the Internet.
Eventually it gives an error code: 3.3.8

But the device isn't connected to the Internet, because the password is wrong! That's what I'm trying to change!
Should the Bluetooth connection between phone and relay be active during this? It's paired but not connected? I don't think this is connected to the server down issue, been trying for 24 hours now.
Thanks.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

So assuming you followed these instructions:

https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... t-my-relay

what you can try is to reset the Relais:

https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... uery=reset
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
jdr

Post by jdr »

Thanks for those suggestions GEORGzer

I've tried the steps in the first link, but I haven't tried resetting the relay suggested in the second link.
I thought I saw somewhere that resetting the relay would delete all history and schedule settings. I don't mind loosing history but was hoping to not delete the timer schedules, as will only be able to operate the heating manually (if the reset didn't work)?
Although the link you sent suggests schedules may not be lost?
Many thanks again
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

As it says in the reset article:
NB: Data related to the Netatmo account, such as history and settings of the Netatmo app are not affected by this process.

Not a Netatmo employee
jdr

Post by jdr »

Ah yes, sorry I think I was mistaking 'removing & reinstalling' the relay with resetting.
Will try a reset.
Many thanks.

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”