Room Thermostat shows permanently empty batteries

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Frischi

Room Thermostat shows permanently empty batteries

Post by Frischi »

Although the room thermostat first shows full batteries, the information that the batteries are empty comes as a complete surprise. Multiple changes of full, tested batteries do not bring any improvement! At best for max. 5 min. and then again the empty display.... New battery change and the room thermostat remains with the empty battery display... so the heating no longer works properly and that at sub-zero temperatures... I am in despair... ticket to the customer service is opened, but no reaction....

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on what else can be done?
GEORGzer

Re: Room Thermostat shows permanently empty batteries

Post by GEORGzer »

Have you tried to clean the battery contacts of the Thermostat? Maybe they have a bad connection.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Frischi

Post by Frischi »

GEORGzer wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 09:12 Have you tried to clean the battery contacts of the Thermostat? Maybe they have a bad connection.
Yes I did. Thanks.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Then I‘m afraid I have no other useful suggestions at the moment, sorry.
If it is a hardware defect, support will have to deal with it. Or the dealership if it is still under warranty.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
I have had the same experience with one of my thermostats. It has been problematic for a while, draining the batteries very quickly, but last weekend it also stated even new batteries as empty. I had some spare thermostats in hand, so I switched it for a new. This one is working.
Unfortunately, the quality on these thermostats are not the best. I have had two with broken "studs" for the adaptors. One with issues on the display. Still working but display is somewhat stuck and now this last one with internal "issues".
I have had a average energy saving of about 23-25% every year since I bought the thermostats and the relay, so they are for sure doing the job. However, in total there is still no economic gain after 6 years. I expected better build quality as the product is fairly expensive. Anyways. My total consumption is for sure lower and without any impact on comfort.
Then we have the joy of being a nerd...

BR
/mhaga
marks14

Post by marks14 »

I have two valves both of which are repeatedly saying that they have flat batteries. I have replaced the batteries and each time checking the batteries that were removed show them as fully charged. In my view these valves are not fit for purpose.

Return to “General questions”