Error code -1 IsDuplicatedMacFound

This forum provides technical help on how to set up Netatmo Thermostat Wifi connection.
BHardiman

Error code -1 IsDuplicatedMacFound

Post by BHardiman »

Hi! I just moved into a flat where there is a netatmo smart thermostat installed. The relay is wired into the boiler power and I have the wireless thermostat. I have the app installed and it is finding the relay, however, when it comes to then setting it up with the WiFi in the app I am seeing the error message 'IsDuplicatedMacFound error code -1'. I have tried a few times and keep getting the same thing (including having unplugged and re-plugged in the relay and turned my phone off and on). The flat was owned by someone else before me- so I know that it has been used before.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Becky
GEORGzer

Re: Error code -1 IsDuplicatedMacFound

Post by GEORGzer »

The phasing of that error would indicate that you have another device on your network with the exact same mac address like the Netatmo Relais.
The chance for that is something like 1:1.7 million, but technically possible.
To double check this, you would need to go into the settings of your wifi router.

But I would say there is something else not working correctly rather than that.

I would try to factory reset the Relais first:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... t-my-relay

If that doesn’t help, you should contact Netatmo support through the helpcenter.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”