Smoke alarm not available in Homekit after 20 min

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Vanggaard

Smoke alarm not available in Homekit after 20 min

Post by Vanggaard »

Hi,
20 min after my installation is finish the smoke alarm change status in the "Home app"/HomeKit to unavailable. I can still connect to the smoke alarm from the netatmo security app. If I "reconfig" the smoke alarm it is back online in the "Home app" but after around 20 min it is back to be unavailable. Looks like the homekit integration is not working.

BR,
Vanggaard
vojta66

Re: Smoke alarm not available in Homekit after 20 min

Post by vojta66 »

I have Smoke alarm integrated ok in HK and available since first moment after installation...try whole process once more...
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I believe that has something to do with the Homekit-Hub being in Bluetooth reach or not.
The alarm doesn‘t stay connected to the Wifi, it only reconnects to „check Wifi“ or in case of an alarm.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Simon_the_Fin

Post by Simon_the_Fin »

How is it related to HomeKit-Hub? Only "hub" there is AppleTV or iPad if I remember correctly.

I have 4 smoke alarms and the one that doesn't work with HomeKit after awhile is in garage, still works from Netatmo Security app. So it is somewhat away from any "hub". In the garage I have an Airport Extreme in repeater mode. The other smoke alarms are in range of two AppleTV so if it is somehow related to bluetooth than ok but I was in the realization that it works and connects over WiFi and Bluetooth is only used for setup.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

No, it only connects to WiFi for testing the connection and in cases of an alarm.
Think about it, maintaining a steady WiFi connection with 10 years of battery life is just not possible.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Simon_the_Fin

Post by Simon_the_Fin »

Then I should factory reset my troublesome smoke alarm and try once more. Have done it once and did not make any difference.
Austinforest

Post by Austinforest »

Hi,
Just noticed I have had this issue for a few days / weeks maybe.
I never had it before, for the past 3 years.
Could it have something to do with the « new » HomeKit since iOS 16.2?
Austinforest

Post by Austinforest »

Got in touch with support.
Told me to reinstall from scratch.
So did I.
The issue came back. :-(

Return to “General questions”