Fragmented Videos

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jfo

Fragmented Videos

Post by jfo »

Good morning.

My camera is currently no longer storing valid videos. When the camera is triggered I get 5 to 10 events and videos. The thumbnails always show the event a few seconds later.
If I then click on the videos, they are usually 20 seconds long and do not show what was shown on the preview. Instead, it looks like the recording is way too late.
Sometimes I'm lucky and the first video still has part of the scene.
What can be the reason?

The firmware is up to date.

Thank you for your help
djcargo

Re: Fragmented Videos

Post by djcargo »

I have this problem too.
djcargo

Post by djcargo »

Fortunately the problem disappeared "by itself" after couple of days.
djcargo

Post by djcargo »

Hah, after next couple of days this problem returned (not in all videos, but some of these). I have contacted to the support and they told me to change microSD card for new one. I have done it and now everything is OK. I hope this problem will not be back :)
djcargo

Post by djcargo »

Meh, problem returned. After 8 months I have fragmented videos again :( And I have used good quality micro-SD card (as always) - this time intended for use in monitoring cameras. I don't want to change card every couple of monts...

Especially I record maybe 20 gigabytes of video a month.
djcargo

Post by djcargo »

Next update from me - I have changed micro-SD card and now videos are not fragmented. And I have read that this problem could be because of lack of grease on SD card. I did that after buying Camera, but it looks like I shoud re-grease it after some time. When I changed card 8 months ago - I didn't grease it too.

So now I hope card will work fine longer. And I will re-grease it maybe once a year.

Return to “General questions”