every day it disconnects from wifi after updating to firmware 200

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
iChuy_Higueras

every day it disconnects from wifi after updating to firmware 200

Post by iChuy_Higueras »

After the station was updated to firmware version 200, it is frequently disconnecting from Wi-Fi.

I have NOT changed the modem/router, I have the same internet provider and all other Netatmo devices and other brands do not have the same problem

hardware version 3
sebkow_pl

Re: every day it disconnects from wifi after updating to firmware 200

Post by sebkow_pl »

I have not noticed such a symptom at home after upgrading to v.200, and I have two weather stations. But version 201 has been available for a few days now.
iChuy_Higueras

Post by iChuy_Higueras »

I was carrying out tests, and I found that it never disconnects from the wifi, the station is still connected to the wifi, it maintains an ip address, it responds to pings, it is also functional in the homekit home app, it only stops sending data to the netatmo servers , there is no way to force it to send data to the servers again, the only way I have found is by cutting the power

my station is still on firmware 200

the only device that has been updated firmware is the anemometer to version 27
Mario79

Post by Mario79 »

This is my problem, too! Netatmo Weather station firmware v201, and no data available online (my.netatmo.com) from 22nd to 28th ofApril (or so), and then after a week it pops up and about three days of measurements appeared retroactively. But still there is i few days gap. And yesterday this "data silence" started again. Station is up, Wifi signal is 3/4, I can see current temperatures in my mobile app, but no day mix/max values, etc. Sucks. I reported the issue to the support, and got vague "udpate your station" reply.
jorgbj

Post by jorgbj »

Firmware V201 and it keeps disconnecting from wifi (it says in the app...). If I try to set it up again, it sometimes works for a while only to disconnect again shortly after. Sometimes it reconnects without me doing anything, but only for a while. I don't know if it recently been upgraded to V201 (last I checked it was on V200 and working) but I've had this problem for some weeks now and it's really annoying. Anyone got a helpful response from support (other than "update your station" which should be done automatically anyway)?
iChuy_Higueras

Post by iChuy_Higueras »

Has anyone already solved the problem? I opened a support ticket and they only told me that my station had a defect and had to be replaced, for which they only offered me a code for a 10% discount.

They can't tell me what the specific defect or problem is.

Lately, the station lasts more days working correctly, but it disconnects again and does not work again until I restart it manually.

It seems very absurd to me that I do not get answers in the support ticket, just buy another new station and nothing else
oskarsyren

Post by oskarsyren »

I have similar problems.

I use a UniFi access point (uap-ac-lite) and I can see "WPA Authentication Timeout/Failure" happening when the weather station tries to connect.

What access point are you using?
borut6

Post by borut6 »

The same with me. Firmware 201, hardware v2
borut6

Post by borut6 »

It seems Hardware version is an issue. From V3 version there are no problems that's why we can't receive any support.
Buy new, remove the problem - shame
Laz

Post by Laz »

I also have all the access points in the UniFi house.
The main module is almost always on the network. But it can fall off the wifi. Either it appears on the network itself, or you have to reconnect it to a point or overload the access point. Perhaps you still depend on the wifi channel at the point and on the channel width and Point Signal Powers
But the external sensors (rain and temperature) I had a very weak signal. I had to finalize them for the installation of an external antenna and an external power supply box with batteries.
Main module
V3, Firmware 201

Return to “General questions”