advance/anticipation calculation fails

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
nalbert

advance/anticipation calculation fails

Post by nalbert »

Starting form Sunday morning my thermostat is failing in advance calcution.
My thermostat, serial j06f966 with firmware 65, is working since 2015. After the first 2 weeks I could activate both PID and advace/anticipation mode. It worked properly until Saturday.
Both on sunday morning and today, the anticipation failed to calcualte the exact time to turn on the boiler. Depending on extrenal temperature, usually it turns on between 4 and 5 am. Both Sunday and Monday it turned at 6.15, which is exectly my schedule minus 30 minutes. It looks like the system has lost the room parmeters and is waiting some days to recalculate them. The result is that I've 19 degrees instead of 20 at wake up time.
I've already checked all the system set-up and options: everything seems to fine, without changes from the last 3 years.
Is there any way to check what happened?

@Beiruc can you kindly check in your servers what happend?
Airmaxchen

Re: advance/anticipation calculation fails

Post by Airmaxchen »

Same here. There seems to be a problem at Netatmo.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,

Thank you for having reported this bug, and please apologize for the inconvenience.

An issue occured on our side this week-end, which prevented the weather forecasts to be collected by your Thermostat.
As a consequence, the Heating Prediction applied the default settings (30min) instead of the automatic adaptation.

The bug is now fixed and the Auto-Adapt feature should now work again as expected.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
nalbert

Post by nalbert »

@Brieuc thanks for the quick feedback. I confirm that the issue is solved and thermostat it's working again correctly.
Airmaxchen

Post by Airmaxchen »

The problem is back. Since yesterday the boiler starts only 30 minutes in advance.
cesco

Post by cesco »

I'm experiencing the same problem from Monday 3rd December afternoon and a couple of times the days before. Since Monday only 30 minutes anticipation for every temperature change. And I didn't touch anything in my system.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Same here since 2 weeks but - even stranger:
advance anticipation works perfectly every morning, but it NEVER starts in the afternoons (20°C set at 6 p.m.)
If in the afternoon (when the boiler should be ON but its not) I manually click on the current time schedule , and I convalidate it again (without changing anything!) - THEN - and only then - after few seconds, anticipation function starts.
there's definitely something that's not working properly.

contacted the customer service but no reply of any kind.
cesco

Post by cesco »

Hello Alex and thank you for reporting your experience. For me it's an entire week now with default anticipation (30 minutes) apart from two isolate cases.

On one hand I'm sorry you've got my same problem (see my other thread "Auto-adapt resetting to 30 minutes") but on the other hand if there's a pattern for more users it should be easier to identify for the support.

I wrote to support too 5 or 6 days ago but haven't received an answer so far. On the other thread Brieuc said they were looking into my case. Maybe we are not the only ones at this point. For me it all started after using two times the AWAY option, but I'm not sure that could be the culprit. I'll try messing with the schedule to see if something change like in your case.

On my side I tried everything else, so I hope the solution is coming soon from support.

Bye.
cesco

Post by cesco »

Alex79 wrote:I manually click on the current time schedule , and I convalidate it again (without changing anything!) - THEN - and only then - after few seconds, anticipation function starts.
there's definitely something that's not working properly
You're right! I just did the same, opened the schedule for my next change in temperature and just pressed OK (or CONVALIDATE or whatever is in other languages) without altering anything and for the next step due at 20.30 ant it started correctly at 19.33 instead of 20.00.

There is definitely something weird going on.
cesco

Post by cesco »

Same trick didn't work this morning, but I touched the schedule just before going to bed, that means 6-7 hours before the heating turns on. For me it's the contrary, in the morning it never gets it right and it starts 30 minutes before for one entire week now

Return to “General questions”