Away mode for HomeKit

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
ChuckstarUK

Away mode for HomeKit

Post by ChuckstarUK » 08 May 2019, 11:33

Please could you consider adding the capability to set the Thermostat’s “Away Mode” in HomeKit, so that it can be included in Scenes. Currently you can only set the heating on and off and set the temperature.

rodcaine

Re: Away mode for HomeKit

Post by rodcaine » 31 Aug 2019, 16:32

I second this. It’s annoying not to have automatic frost protection when it would be so easy to implement

box

Post by box » 04 Dec 2019, 12:15

Digging up an old post... as the Netatmo app doesn't natively support geofencing, utilising Homekit for this would be really useful and (I'm assuming) straightforward to implement in a better way.
Ignoring manual boosts, the only other setting the Netatmo system can recieive from Homekit is on or off. It would be great if in the Netatmo app there was a setting to change what happens when an off/on command is received from Homekit. E.g. have a menu to choose from Thermostat Off, Away, or Frost Protection modes. This way with location based automations when everyone leaves the house, Homekit sets the heating to 'Off', which is interpreted by Netatmo system as Away mode, and resumes normal schedule when Homekit says 'on' again when someone arrives home.
Sounds like an easy way to get this implemented?

568ml

Post by 568ml » 06 Dec 2019, 12:37

This would be great, but one problem is that (as far as I'm aware) HomeKit doesn't have a notion of turning the thermostat 'on' — you have to set it to an explicit temperature. What would be ideal is for a simple 'on' command that would be interpreted by the Netatmo app as 'resume schedule'.

Return to “General questions”