NIBE VVM 320

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
Baawji

NIBE VVM 320

Post by Baawji »

Hello.

Netatmo's site says smart thermostat is compatible with NIBE VVM 320 as I have.
Source: https://check.netatmo.com/en-us/thermos ... ibe/vvm320

And I need to confirm some things before I call a electrician to help me out. In the installation video it says it must be conntected to something like "3-4" or "Ls-Lr" or "TA" or "RT".
Source: https://youtu.be/Ss91UWzl1rA?t=104

Is this the same as 3-4 as NIBE's "Room sensor"/BT50 is conntected to?
Source: Page 27 in the "Installer manual" (https://www.nibe.eu/assets/documents/18307/231357-5.pdf)

Or, as a NIBE's support in Norway believes its one of the AUX inputs?
More accurately this part:
"Contact for activation of “external adjustment" An external contact function can be connected to VVM 320 to change the supply temperature and the room temperature.When the switch is closed the temperature changes in °C (if the room sensor is connected and activated). If a room sensor is not connected or activated, the desired change of "temperature" (heating curve offset) with the number of steps selected is set. The value is adjustable between -10 and +10."
Source: Page 31 & 32 in the "Installer manual" (https://www.nibe.eu/assets/documents/18307/231357-5.pdf)

Anyone that can help me out with this?
GEORGzer

Re: NIBE VVM 320

Post by GEORGzer »

Hm, 3-4 seems to be used for an actual temperature sensor that reports the temperature back to the boiler for it to display.
The Aux-inputs are for simple ON/OFF switches (open/closed circuit) which is exactly what the Netatmo Thermostat actually does.
So I'd go with the Aux-inputs.

That is quiet a complex boiler you have there, I have to say :P
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Baawji

Post by Baawji »

Hehe, thanks! Complex also means many things go wrong :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking about that too.. But I don't understand what AUX goes to what function, maybe its something I can selected in menu's on the boiler itself. Thanks for replying anyways!
When the switch is closed the temperature changes in°C (if the room sensor is connected and activated). If a room sensor is not connected or activated, the desired change of "temperature" (heating curve offset) with the number of steps selected is set. The value is ad-justable between -10 and +10.
I don't get that neither. Does it mean I have to use the indoor sensor from NIBE to get it to work? Will Smart Thermostat control or will the NIBE's sensor do? Do I have to disconnect the NIBE sensor or make the smart thermostat the boss of the system? So many questions..
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Well, as far as I can tell from that manual you're able to set what function each AUX channel accomplishes.
You can't really do anything wrong there with the Netatmo Thermostat, meaning you can't "break" anything. It only opens/closes the circuit between the grey and the black wire and therefore does exactly what the boiler manual's diagram suggests.

As for finding the correct settings, that's something you'll have to try out. I'm afraid I can't help you with that.
But what you're looking for is a simple "switch boiler ON/OFF when AUX channel is OPEN/CLOSED" function.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
lefranchais

Post by lefranchais »

Bonjour , avez-vous trouver comment installer le thermostat Netatmo sur votre pompe a chaleur Nibe VVM S320 .

Cdt

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”