Valves display issues

rubenlopez

Valves display issues

Post by rubenlopez »

Hi,

In October 2017 I bought 5 valves to use it with the Netatmo thermostat. Since the, except for some occasional connectivity problem, I have not relevant issues.

The problem started this winter with the display of one of the valves which seems to have some marks thats doesn't allow to see the temperature properly. Then I thought that was a punctual problem but now all the valves have the same issue.

The valve seems to work properly but it's extrange that all the valves have the same issue.

I've tried to remove the batteries and try again but the problem persists. It's like it doesn't clean the display.

There are someone with the same issue?

Thanks!
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5271.jpeg (917.45 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
IMG_5270.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg (964.56 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
IMG_5267.jpeg
IMG_5267.jpeg (852.75 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
GEORGzer

Re: Valves display issues

Post by GEORGzer »

Those displays are definitely defective, almost looks like pressure damage + the clear cylinder on the first Valve also seems to be misaligned.
You should contact the Netatmo Support Team directly through the Helpcenter. Since you have 3 1st gen. Valves with the same issues, I‘m sure they will be interested in your case.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
rubenlopez

Post by rubenlopez »

GEORGzer wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 22:43 Those displays are definitely defective, almost looks like pressure damage + the clear cylinder on the first Valve also seems to be misaligned.
You should contact the Netatmo Support Team directly through the Helpcenter. Since you have 3 1st gen. Valves with the same issues, I‘m sure they will be interested in your case.
Thanks for your answer. I will report the issue to support. Let’s see what they respond.

I will let you know how is resolved.
herzous

Post by herzous »

Hi rubenlopez, did you receive an answer from support? The same problem occurred on my smart valve :-(
Thanks
Regards
herzous
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

No pressure damage or misuse.it happens, do not know why, also on thermostat. ink display are affected by this (even the most famous ereader had this defect).
in the italian amateur forum many people declare this xefect on thermostats and valves.

Usually repaired by producer, with a small fee if out of warranty
utkusert@gmail.com

Post by utkusert@gmail.com »

I have exact same problem. Everything was working properly when I shut my smart valves down in the spring time. 5 of my 7 valves' displays were gone when I started them up in first days of the winter. I don't think that 5 displays would be broken at the same time.

Return to “General questions”