Netatmo Welcome as outdoor (weather protected!) camera?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Oxymoron

Netatmo Welcome as outdoor (weather protected!) camera?

Post by Oxymoron »

Has anybody tried installing Welcome cameras in a semi-outdoor environment? I have a well-protected open-air porch over my front door which would be ideal place for a Welcome to disable the alarm before entering the house. It is dry all year round. Any reasons not to do this?

Another Presence (I have 3) would be overkill in this particular location.
Hoodoo

Re: Netatmo Welcome as outdoor (weather protected!) camera?

Post by Hoodoo »

For the past couple of years, I have relocated one of my Welcome cameras to our greenhouse during the late Spring, Summer and early Fall seasons. Temperature ranges from around 8C to 40C during the time, and lots of humidity etc. but the camera seems to work without any issues.
xpxp2002

Re: Netatmo Welcome as outdoor (weather protected!) camera?

Post by xpxp2002 »

I just put an indoor camera in our garage. We don’t have a light fixture box with the electrical prewire to use the Outdoor Camera, so I went with the Indoor Camera and put it in this 3D printed mount to secure it to the wall. Seems to be working well so far. Keep in mind that this mount does not leave a gap for the power cord, so you will need to mount it in a corner or angle the indoor camera so that the cord has space to be connected.

I’m going to put a second one of these mounts around the top of the Indoor Camera to hold it in place and give it a little extra support, since it is top-heavy compared to the Weather Station.

Return to “General questions”