Brand new Netatmo Prescence - out of focus

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Evoga

Brand new Netatmo Prescence - out of focus

Post by Evoga »

Just yesterday I affixed the Netatmo Outside Camera (without siren) and I have not been able to get the focus correct.

Number plates on my vehicles are blurry, it seem the focus is set to about a foot from the actual camera as when I am close it to adjust the position it is pointing then my face is in focus.

I have good Wi-Fi at the camera and it on the firmware 3.10.0

I just swapped out a Ring Pro doorbell at the same location for a new Logitech Doorbell and they both have in focus video unlike the Netatmo.

Also the HomeKit timeline at the bottom of video feed doesn’t display for the Netatmo but does for the Logitech.

Is there any way to manually or via software change the focus as it is a useless camera when it is unable to even define a car number plate parked in front of it?

Attached is a screenshot of the Netatmo with the Logitech showing you cannot even read number plates with it.

The bottom camera is the blurry Netatmo.
Attachments
A6AF09C3-A3A6-4EAD-A719-BF1C2F79C585.png
A6AF09C3-A3A6-4EAD-A719-BF1C2F79C585.png (5.86 MiB) Viewed 725 times
orpjb

Re: Brand new Netatmo Prescence - out of focus

Post by orpjb »

That doesn't look right. The Presence doesn't have any adjustment for focus and it's usually much clearer than that.

Check it in the Netatmo Security app directly, or from home.netatmo.com/security , just in case whatever you're using to view that is getting the low-quality stream from the camera for some reason,
Check that the lens is clean and doesn't have anything over it (I think that they don't usually come with a sticker on them, but maybe some dirt or grease got on there?),
Your image doesn't look like a low signal problem, but check your WiFi signal just in case,

Still blurry? Then I'd think about returning that unit.
TomiLegrandAU

Re: Brand new Netatmo Prescence - out of focus

Post by TomiLegrandAU »

Hi,

I believe the camera sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced. I have seen this before on a camera and was instructed by Netatmo that it is a faulty sensor, with product replacement the only option.
Smart AC Controller MAC: g8b5e3e

Return to “General questions”