Can I connect two relays into one boiler?

You need some help attaching the thermostat to your specific boiler. This way please !
barat

Can I connect two relays into one boiler?

Post by barat »

My boiler is currently heating my top floor (I have Immergas + Relay + Thermostat and 5 valves), and everything is working fine.
Now I want to connect lover floor into my boiler (there was an overhaul, new radiators etc), and I want it to be considered as "separate floor" since there my Brother in law is living (and he has different routines/schedules etc.).
Can I just connect the 2nd relay into same pins I've connected my 1st relay?
Will both relays behaves OK?
For example what happens if one relay will decide to switch off the boiler, when the 2nd home is still using it (one of the Valves still need the heat)?
I just want to have each floor as separate apartment where both share a boiler, both can turn it on/off yet both respect each other (so one relay won't turn boiler off, when the other one is still heating).
GEORGzer

Re: Can I connect two relays into one boiler?

Post by GEORGzer »

The Relais (standard, not OpenTherm) are nothing more than ordinary „switches“. When a Relais turns on, the internal connection between the black and grey wires gets closed, that‘s it.

So you can without any concern wire two or more Relais in parallel. The boiler will run as long as one Relais is „on“.
Just pay attention that none of the two Relais is set to be „inverted“ in the settings (they aren‘t out of the box).
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
barat

Post by barat »

GEORGzer wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 13:42 The Relais (standard, not OpenTherm) are nothing more than ordinary „switches“. When a Relais turns on, the internal connection between the black and grey wires gets closed, that‘s it.

So you can without any concern wire two or more Relais in parallel. The boiler will run as long as one Relais is „on“.
Just pay attention that none of the two Relais is set to be „inverted“ in the settings (they aren‘t out of the box).
Thanks!
So it's perfect for me - now I'm adding the starter kit to my "shopping list" and waiting for a black Friday or other occasion :)
Nice, that's not just a "toggle signal", since then it would be an issue .
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

It‘s a „dry contact“ system, as it is called.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “Attaching the Thermostat to the boiler”