Don't wait for Homekit Secure Video anymore.

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
soulcore

Don't wait for Homekit Secure Video anymore.

Post by soulcore »

-› https://imgur.com/FGsnhB7

Is the Smart Video Doorbell compatible with HomeKit Secure Video?

The Smart Video Doorbell is not yet compatible with HomeKit Secure Video. An automatic and entirely free software update will be deployed on all Smart Video Doorbells sold as soon as this compatibility is available. We will update you as soon as this feature is implemented.

Gone from the FAQ. Just in case you need the Screenshot for legal actions: https://web.archive.org/web/20220716211 ... orbell/faq
sema...92

Re: Don't wait for Homekit Secure Video anymore.

Post by sema...92 »

this is so annoying…
Peter8319

Post by Peter8319 »

Thanks a lot for screenshot. I am not longer waiting. I was thinking to get Logitech Circle doorbell imported from US but will wait a bit longer due to prices of import being very high. I am so upset about last two years situation that really considering seriously switching my heating system to different than Netatmo to say goodbye to them completely very soon.

I am doing small business now, with smart home configurations and will make sure none of Netatmo products is not part of my clients house.
We can have a rant here and no one from Netatmo is reading this to react, so the best idea is just to move away from it.
soulcore

Post by soulcore »

On 19.09.2022 i posted this thread. I also asked the support via Twitter (official and support-account) and E-Mail about these changes and got no response as of yet.
MickUrsell

Post by MickUrsell »

Has any tried HKSV with any cameras? I have see posts on other forums about it being unreliable and wanted some real world information.
xpxp2002

Post by xpxp2002 »

I run HKSV on all my Indoor and Outdoor cameras and haven't had any issues. HKSV's user interface isn't particularly great, especially for saving/downloading videos.

The only benefit I'd like from HKSV is to gain the person/object detection for notifications. Specifically, the Apple TV will show when a person, animal, vehicle, or package is detected. Since Netatmo's object detection capabilities don't include packages, I'd like to have the Apple TV tell me when a package is detected.
MickUrsell

Post by MickUrsell »

Thanks for the reply, very helpful
tekphloyd

Post by tekphloyd »

😡
davinci

Post by davinci »

Good for the law department. So they lied us?
Kamerakash

Post by Kamerakash »

Return to “General questions”