Second button wiring?

JackDaniels3

Second button wiring?

Post by JackDaniels3 »

Hello,
I need advice!
I live in an apartment building and I'm planning to install "Netatmo Video Doorbell" on my apartment door to replace my existing doorbell button. However there is another button outside of the entrance of the building (there is a panel with buttons for each apartment in the building). It does the same as the button on my apartment door - close the circuit to ring the chime in my apartment.
The existing wiring is: A chime (220V) with two wires connected to the apartment fuse box. One of the wires is cutoff and goes to the button wiring so when you press the button, the circuit is closed and the chime rings. The second button wiring is embedded in the concrete walls and I have no idea where it connects the the first button wiring in order to be able to close the circuit as well and ring the chime. The bottom line is that if you press either of the buttons, the power circuit will close and the chime will rings.
The "Netatmo Video Doorbell" will replace the button at my apartment door, but I have no idea what to do with the second button. It will ring my existing chime since the wiring won't change, but I don't see a way to trigger the Netatmo that someone is pressing my second doorbell button. My goal is to be alerted on my phone when I have a visitor, but this will work only if someone press the apartment door doorbell.

Any ideas?

Return to “Electrical Wiring”